Friday 1 December 2023

50 Things I Want To Do This Christmas

 I can't believe it's already December!

Christmas is coming around so quickly. I think the big day will be here before we know it.

There are so many things I need or want to do between now and Christmas Day, so keeping with tradition, I've written a to-do-list and am sharing it here to keep myself motivated. I doubt I'll be able to achieve all of them before the 25th, but I'm determined to give it my best shot, and try to cross off as many festive goals as possible. 

There are 50 of them on this list, so I guess I'd best get started. Wish me luck!

1. Buy a small Christmas tree for my bedroom- I'm hoping to do this in the next day or two.

2. Decorate my bedroom for Christmas- I like to put up decorations in my room so I can enjoy them while I'm resting in bed.

3. Decorate the house for Christmas with the family.

4. Buy (or cut down) fir branches for the mantle.

5. Finish my Christmas shopping- I only have a few presents left to get and then I'm done!

6. Finish wrapping my Christmas presents- I started wrapping last month, so I don't have too many left to do now.

7. Send any parcels that need sending.

8. Write and send my Christmas cards- and not at the last minute!

9. Make a new Christmas playlist or two to soundtrack my festive activities.

10. Count down the days 'til Christmas with an Advent calendar- I'll be doing that with the Essie calendar, as well as a basic Cadbury one this year.

11. Go to the Appleton Christmas Barn to browse their Christmas decorations- It's a little Christmas tree farm with a barn converted in to a Christmas shop near Abingdon in Oxfordshire, and they always have the prettiest decorations. Also, there's reindeer to see.

12. Go to the Bourton-on-the-Water Christmas lights switch on.

13. Go to my town's turning-on-of-the-lights.

14. Visit a Christmas market.

15. Browse the Christmas department of a garden centre or department store.

16. Take a drive to spot Christmas lights- If I can't get out earlier, we usually do this after dinner on Christmas Eve night.

17. Go on a Christmas lights walk.

18. Go Christmas book shopping- Like I need an excuse to go book shopping!

19. Watch a Christmas film at the cinema.

20. Buy at least one new decoration.

21. Reread A Court of Frost and Starlight.

22. Read The Nutcracker- I've always wanted to but never have. I've just bought this beautiful Arcturus Ornate Classics edition with my Waterstones points, and I'm hoping it gets here before Christmas.

23. Read Upon a Frosted Star.

24. Read A German Christmas- I started reading it last year but never finished it.

25. Reread A Christmas Carol.

26. Reread Little Women- It's a classic, and one of my favourite books set at Christmas time.

27. Have at least one Christmas movie marathon- but I'm hoping for many.

28. Watch at least one new-to-me Christmas film- any recommendations?

29. Finish my Christmas bauble cross stitches- I began these Satsuma Street retro baubles last year (or was it the one before?) but never managed to finish all seven.

30. Dig out the paints and relax with a Christmas colouring book.

31. Make and decorate Christmas cookies.

32. Bake Christmas cupcakes.

33. Make my Blackberry and Apple trifle.

34. Try making a new dessert for over the holidays.

35. Put together a Christmas charcuterie dessert board.

36. Buy a box of Christmas doughnuts or cookies.

37. Go out for / order in a hot chocolate.

38. Go for a Christmas afternoon tea / festive cake and coffee.

39. Put a Christmas Eve box together.

40. Buy a new pair of Christmas PJs.

41. Get myself a Christmas dress for Christmas Day.

42. Wear the shit out of my Christmas brooches and earrings- and try to document them on Instagram.

43. Make my Animal Crossing island super festive- I'm already enjoying building Christmas rooms and adding lots of festive furniture outside.

44. Play board games with the family on Christmas Day.

45. Dress my dog, Rosie, up in a Christmas jumper and accessories- Yes, she will hate me!

46. Open presents with my dog- Rosie lives for opening presents and it's one of my favourites parts of Christmas Day.

47. Donate to a foodbank.

48. Fill a Christmas box for a homeless person- Little gifts like warm gloves and scarves, chocolate, shower gel, and toothpaste can make such a difference to someone with nothing and no family to spend Christmas with.

49. Enjoy a Christmas Eve buffet with my family- We relax in front of the TV and a Christmas film or two with lots of tasty treats and it's a lovely, chilled way to spend a Christmas Eve.

50. Celebrate Christmas Day with the family- Can't wait!

There are probably other things I want to do that I'm forgetting, but we'll stop at 50.

What's at you most looking forward to doing this Christmas / holiday season?

You Might Also Like

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ohh! These all sound amazing! And if you get Rosie dressed up, I'd love to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to get her into a Christmas jumper at least once this Christmas and will definitely share photos if I do!

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig