Tuesday 12 December 2023

Erstwilder Christmas Essentials Earrings 2023

I started collecting Erstwilder jewellery in 2017, and since then, I've bought at least one Christmas brooch from them each year. Except this one.

Sadly, for me, this year's Christmas collection is based on a popular Australian children's book series by May Gibbs that I had never heard of before Erstwilder. I've never seen books like Gumnut Babies or The Complete Adventures of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie here in England- did anyone here grow up reading them?- so the designs just don't mean anything to me. I was a little disappointed because I look forward to their Christmas collections every year, but I was also relieved not to have the temptation for once.

However, my bank balance didn't come away completely unscathed- I stocked up on festive earrings from the complimenting Essentials collection to mix and match with my existing Christmas brooches instead! Oops.

I picked up four pairs of drop earrings and one pair of studs, and even received the free gift with purchase brooch! I was so surprised as I really didn't spend that much, but who am I to question free jewellery?

This is what I bought:

Firstly, I got the baubles glitter drop earrings in green and red because I couldn't decide which I liked best, and at just £6.50 a pair, I couldn't find a reason not to. In my defence, they're differently shaped, and I have plenty of Christmas brooches they'll both go with. The green pair is made from a festive green, multi-coloured glitter resin with gold, red, green, and blue flecks, and the red are crimson-coloured with metallic scarlet glitter. They're so sparkly and festive without looking too tacky, and I think they'd be perfect for wearing to Christmas parties or for decorating the Christmas tree.

Speaking of Christmas trees, it wouldn't be Christmas without them, so buying the ripple resin Christmas tree drop earrings was a no-brainer. They're simple three-tier Christmas trees cut from the prettiest green ripple resin which catches beautifully in the light and gives a lime green shimmer. The only grumble is that the green resin is only on the front of the earrings and not on both sides- the backs are finished in plain white- which is a shame, since it'll show if they get twisted. I assume it's to bring out the colours of the resin more and not about keeping costs down, as the bauble earrings are double-sided.

I also picked up the red bow ripple resin studs and drop earrings because they were too cute to resist. They're both made from a gorgeous crimson-red ripple resin with a metallic scarlet sheen, and like the trees, they're layered on a plain white acrylic. The drop earrings are about twice the size of the studs, but both are big enough to make a statement out of any Christmas outfit- or any outfit, really. They'd be great for wearing all year round. Both styles also come in a red gingham finish. You can find the drop earrings here and the studs here in the UK.

And this is the free gift-with-purchase brooch, which is a little fairy with a pearlescent blue flower petal bonnet and hazel eyes sitting on a shimmery forest green leaf called Blue Petal Baby. It's really cute, but since I'm not familiar with the stories, I wasn't sure I'd ever wear it, so I sold it on to someone who would.

Erstwilder usually have a limited number of free gift-with-purchase brooches with each launch which you might be lucky enough to get when you buy two or most pieces from a main collection in the UK or when you spend $100 on their website. But you have to get in fast on launch day as they always go fast. This is the first time I've ever received one with an order of Essentials, though, and I don't think it's the norm, so I wouldn't expect to get one when buying a bunch of them.

Some of the earrings have already sold out, but there are other festive designs still available from Erstwilder, as well as Lottie and Lu, and Rockamilly in the UK. Snap them up while you can.

Do you enjoy wearing Christmas earrings or do you draw the line at Christmas jumpers?

You Might Also Like

My Erstwilder Christmas Brooch Collection

Erstwilder Modern Holiday Brooches and Earrings

Erstwilder An Australian Christmas Brooches and Earrings

Erstwilder x Pete Cromer 2.0 Christmas Brooches

Erstwilder All Wrapped Up Christmas Brooches

Erstwilder Festive Splendour Christmas Brooches

Erstwilder Kitschy Christmas Brooches

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love your choices. I do like Christmas earrings but I haven't had the energy to search out ALL of my pairs this year so far so only worn a few! The kids at school like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've not worn all of mine yet, either, but at least there's still plenty of time to dig them out. It must be really fun for them to see which ones you're wearing when most of their parents probably stick to classic gold and silver styles.

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig