Tuesday 5 December 2023

Litjoy Crate ACOTAR Stained Glass Book Sleeve Review

2023 has been my A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR) era, and I'm not done yet.

Not even close.

I've even gone as far as buying bookish ACOTAR merch this year. 

I reviewed the amazing Litjoy Crate ACOTAR book tin here on the blog back in the spring, and I loved the design so much that I just had to go back and snag one of the matching book sleeves for myself, too. I've been meaning to talk about it for months, but, luckily, the timing works out okay for present inspiration because it would actually make a great Christmas present for any fan of the series.

So, this is the Litjoy Crate ACOTAR stained glass book sleeve, which features RosieThorns88's amazing Beauty and the Rhys artwork. It depicts Rhys, Feyre, and Tamlin (and the High Lords' beast forms behind them) on Feyre's wedding day, and it's inspired by the stained glass art from Beauty and the Beast. 

The fun thing about the design is that there are loads of little Easter eggs from the books hidden amongst the characters like Lucien's fox mask, the Ouroboros, Feyre's wedding shoe (if you know, you know), the Bone Carver's chisel, and the Cauldron turned into a giant rose. There's also the starry Night Court sky and the Spring Court manor in the stained glass windows at the back, and pretty pink roses along the bottom.

There's a lot of deep purples, pinks, black, and green in the art, but they're not as vivid as they are on the book tin, and some of the darker colours (especially on the Night Court side) have printed a little too dark to see the image clearly. I think it makes an otherwise gorgeous book sleeve look a little bit like a cheap knock-off in places, which is such a shame as the art is amazing and it's otherwise well made.

The book sleeve has been made from polyester with inner foam to cushion your book or e-reader (or whatever you decide to store inside) and keep them well protected from dirt and damage. It feels soft and springy- a bit like wetsuit fabric. It's also durable and thick, can be easily wiped clean, and has a zip closure at the top to keep you book or tablet safe and clean.

It comes in three sizes to suit paperbacks, hardbacks, and tablets, and I went with the medium to cover most of my bases. The medium is 8 x 11.5 inches in size, and it's perfect for smaller hardbacks- but can be used for paperbacks and Kindles, too. It won't accommodate larger hardbacks like A Court of Silver Flames, but I can just about squeeze A Court of Wings and Ruin in it (as you can see in the photos), which is 699 pages long. You won't fit anything bigger in this bad boy (there's zero chance of fitting Kingdom of Ash in here), and it's definitely better suited to more average-sized books so you don't strain the zip and stitching. I don't really understand why they'd make an ACOTAR book sleeve and not make it roomy enough to fit all of the books, but at least A Court of Thorns and Roses, and A Court of Frost and Starlight fit in perfectly. 

These stained glass book sleeves range from $16.50- $25.00 (US dollars) in price- the medium is $20.00- and shipping to the UK was under $10 with taxes, which I think is really reasonable. It does vary depending on how much you buy, though. I didn't get hit with an extra custom charges for shipping to England, but this will vary from place to place.

Overall, I really love my ACOTAR book sleeve, and it's great for keeping the book I'm reading protected at home or on the go in between reads. I really want their Throne of Glass book sleeve, too, and I'm hoping it gets restocked.

Do you use book sleeves to protect your books?

You Might Also Like

Litjoy Crate ACOTAR Stained Glass Book Tin Review

Litjoy Crate The Reading Journal Review

Throne of Glass Series Reviews Part One

Throne of Glass Series Reviews Part Two

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig