Saturday 16 December 2023

Christmas Haul

I've bought a few little festive bits and pieces lately, so I thought it would be fun to show you what I've picked up. Amazingly, I haven't bought a single new Christmas decoration yet this year, but there are lots of random little things to show you like Christmas cards, wrapping paper, books, and yummy sweet treats.

I got this year's Christmas cards from T. K. Maxx. I wanted something fun and colourful, and I couldn't resist these bold designs by a brand called Tache. I especially love the fox and the ice skate. They're, sadly, no longer available from T. K. Maxx online, but there are still some other designs from the same brand here, and you can get them full price via Tache's website here (fox / ice skate / Nutcracker).


I love the matte gingerbread hot tub wrapping paper I chose this Christmas. I found it on Zazzle and thought the print was really cute. It wasn't cheap, but I got it when it had 50% off, so at least it was 50% less crazy. It's really good quality paper, and I'm looking forward to giving my family their presents, as they look so pretty in this paper.


I couldn't find any tags to match the paper, so I just bought some random present labels from Amazon I thought were kinda cute. I always stick them on the bottom of gifts, anyway, so it doesn't really matter that they don't match. 


I also stocked up on fun Christmas earrings from Erstwilder, which I recently blogged about here. I think the red bows are my favourites.


Sometime after last Christmas and before Cath Kidston closed their website, I snagged this 12 Days of Christmas present sack in their sale. I have one in a different design, and they come in handy for lugging all the presents downstairs on Christmas morning. (I keep the presents I buy for my family under my bedroom tree until the 25th, since we can't put presents under a tree on the floor with Rosie around. She'd open every last one).


Keeping with tradition, I'm counting down the days 'til Christmas with a cheap and cheerful Cadbury Advent calendar. I often had one for childhood Christmases, so they make me feel nostalgic.

I'm also counting the days with the Essie Bejeweled Wonderland nail polish calendar, and it's such a treat. It has so many pretty shades this year, and I can't wait to try them all out. I reviewed the calendar in full here, if you want to find out more.


I've always wanted to read The Nutcracker- more so since I read the Midnight in Everwood retelling last year- so I treated myself to this lovely little illustrated red hardback by Arcturus Books last week. It has silver edges, and silver foiling on the cover, and it's gorgeous. I can't wait to read it this Christmas. I'll try to squeeze in a proper review before Christmas, if my pain will allow it.


I also recently got a Waterstones exclusive signed copy of Upon a Frosted Star by M.A. Kuzniar, which I preordered earlier in the year. I really loved her last book, so when I heard this one described as Swan Lake meets The Great Gatsby, and saw how pretty this edition was, I couldn't check out fast enough. And look how beautiful it is! It has teal blocked sprayed edges on the top and bottom, and stunning patterned edges on the side in green, gold, and white, with gold foiling, which match the end papers inside. There isn't a hidden cover, but I think the dust jacket art more than makes up for it. Plus it's signed by the author. I've just started reading it and I'm loving it already. The writing is beautiful, and the whimsical parties are giving off The Night Circus, and Caraval vibes. I'll be sure to review it once I'm done.


I visited the food hall of a local garden centre back in November, and picked up a couple of hot chocolate stirrers for my little sister and I to enjoy on Christmas Eve. The milk chocolate one has the cutest little snowman marshmallows. I'm looking forward to trying one. 

I also recently went to M&S to buy some Christmas presents for my Nana, and got some treats for the holidays, too. Amongst other things, I couldn't resist getting some white chocolate Snowy Pretzels to try, and some Mini Shortbread Trees, as we've all enjoyed them in the past. I'm looking forward to having one or two this Christmas.

And those are some of the random little things I've amassed this Christmas.

What festive things have you been buying?

You Might Also Like




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig