Thursday 2 December 2021

Erstwilder An Australian Christmas Brooches and Earrings

I know this will come as a shock, but I look forward to Erstwilder's Christmas collection every year, and I'm always excited to see what theme and style they choose to go with. This year has been no exception, as I realised as I eagerly stalked their socials for spoilers the moment Halloween was over. 

I didn't have to wait long to find out, and I was excited when they began dropping spoilers for An Australian Christmas last month. I love Australian culture, and have always wondered how the Aussies do Christmas in the summer, without some of the things we associate with Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere, like frost, snow, and mistletoe. (Even if that's often just in movies and on Christmas cards in the UK). It's hard to picture Christmas in a hot climate.

Sure, a jewellery collection can't truly show us how a whole country celebrates Christmas, but Erstwilder definitely give us a feel for An Australian Christmas with their new collection.

Forget shrimp on the barbie and surfer dudes in Santa hats and Speedos, An Australian Christmas is not your stereotypical affair. (Well, apart from the Australian animals wearing Santa hats). It's a beautiful nature-inspired range featuring lots of animals and greens, reds, and blues.  There are Tasmanian devils and kangaroos, wreaths made from Australian foliage and berry-laden pavlovas, plus a few universal designs like Christmas trees and puddings added in for good measure. It's a beautiful collection, and you don't have to be Australian to appreciate it. 

There are a lot of great designs in the new collection, but if I had to pick a favourite- which naturally, I did- it would have to be the stunning kookaburra snowglobe brooch, Seasonal Merriment. It's one of the most beautiful pieces of jewellery I've ever seen. Everything about it is perfect, from the resins used, to the charming little kookaburra sitting on the branch of an old gum tree in it's centre. (Merry merry king of the bush is he). I love the marbled pearlescent and wood effect resins used to make the snowglobe, and the glittery mint-green background freckled with white snow finishes it off beautifully. We all need a little glitter in our lives at Christmas time. I've only had it a few weeks, but I can already say it's one of my favourite brooches ever, and I'm going to be wearing it to death this Christmas. And every Christmas. And also not at Christmas. Ah, I love it!

You couldn't have an Australian-themed collection without some koala designs, and Erstwilder spoiled us for choice with several koala pieces, including brooches, cardi clips, earrings, a necklace, and even a Christmas decoration. I already have a couple of Erstwilder koala brooches, so this time I didn't go for a brooch; I bought my first non-Essentials pair of Erstwilder earrings! (The better quality, detailed, and more expensive ones they make). I thought the Koala Claus earrings were the cutest of all the options, and I wasn't wrong. I mean, just look at them! They're little grey koala faces with pink ears, and marbled red and pearlescent white Santa hats on their little heads. They're so cute, and are a fun alternative to novelty Christmas tree or bauble earrings. You can be sure I'll be rocking them with most of my outfits this Christmas.

I also bought a couple of pairs of the Christmas Essentials earrings to wear with my Christmas brooches, as I didn't have any decent festive earrings in my collection. They released a great selection of stud and drop earrings in a variety of festive colours and designs this year, and I chose the green ripple resin drop trees, and gold glittery tree studs

The studs are simple three-tiered trees made from one layer of glittery yellow-gold resin, and are subtle enough for every day wear in December. 

The drop earrings are also three-tiered trees, but with tree cutouts in the centre, and are made from a gorgeous moss-green ripple resin. They're great statement earrings to wear with a Christmas dress, top, or jumper for night or day, and I think they look tasteful instead of tacky, like most Christmas earrings tend to be. The best thing is, they're nice and light-weight, so they don't hurt your ears when you've been wearing them a while. Not bad for around £5.50 a pair!

Most of these designs, and many others from An Australian Christmas are still available from Erstwilder and their stockists around the world, so there's still time to pick up the perfect finishing touch for your Christmas outfits. I'd still particularly love to get my hands on the King of Christmas brooch, A Splendid Christmas, and The Good Pud Neck Scarf.

Have you bought anything from Erstwilder's Christmas collection?

You Might Also Like

Erstwilder x Pete Cromer 2.0 Christmas Brooches

Erstwilder All Wrapped Up Christmas Brooches

Erstwilder Festive Splendour Christmas Brooches

Erstwilder Kitschy Christmas Brooches

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These look super :-D I always love seeing fancy earring, even though I don't have my ears done! The Koalas are my favourite <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are gorgeous. I love seeing fun jewellery, too. The koalas are quite possibly the cutest earrings I've ever owned. :)

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig