Monday 6 December 2021

Christmas Bedroom Tour 2020

As I haven't finished putting up this year's decorations yet, and I never found time to blog about last year's, today I thought I'd share some photos of how my bedroom was decorated for Christmas 2020.

I like to put up decorations in my bedroom every Christmas because I spend a lot of time on bed rest because of chronic pain, and don't want to miss out on the fairy lights and pretty decorations when I can't get downstairs or out of the house. It means I can enjoy a little bit of the festivities while I'm resting, and like most people, having decorations up just makes me happy.

My bedroom always looks like Christmas threw up on it by the time the last decoration is hung, and last year was no exception. I put up a little tree, swamped it with presents, hung hoop art and cross stitches on the wall, and put decorations wherever I could. The funny thing is, I never managed to get all of my decorations up last year because I was flaring, so this is me being restrained!

I'm not very restrained.

I began by swapping my dressing table for a Christmas tree and presents. I'll admit the tree wasn't the prettiest. There seemed to be a shortage of small trees in my area due to Covid, and after nine days of searching, I had to settle on this scruffy little fir. We had to repot it, and it was dropping needles from day one, but I think it looked festive once it was decorated. To be honest, I was just grateful to have a tree at all. 

I'm sentimental all the way when it comes to Christmas, and use the same decorations every year, with a few new additions here and there. Theming my Christmas decor has never appealed to me at all- although, most of my personal ornaments are colourful and mid-century modern in style, as that's what I seem to be drawn to most these days. I also have a few vintage baubles on my tree (like the pink bell, and small hot pink bauble above it) from when my parents first set up home in the seventies, which I've borrowed because they fit in perfectly, and they've always been some of my favourites from our childhood tree.

Underneath the tree, I dotted some of my retro deer ornaments, which were all collected from Paperchase over the last few years, and added in my DIY Advent house, where I displayed some of my festive brooches, earrings, and pins for the holidays. I also included some jars of mini baubles, and a few glittery bottle-brush trees, just in case it wasn't festive enough already.

I went with a pastel pink and mint theme for my presents, which was the first time I've ever gone pink and pastely at Christmas. I usually go for something a little more traditional, but I fancied a change, and they turned out to be some of my favourite wraps ever. I loved the pink so much, I've gone with pink wrapping paper again this year. 

Besides the tree and presents, I also had other Christmas decorations on display, including some homemade Christmas hoop art on the chimney breast in my room. I made them a few years ago by framing festive fabrics in wooden embroidery hoops, and finishing the backs with a running stitch and felt.

I cross stitched the retro reindeer a few years ago. The pattern was from Mid Century Maude on Etsy. I changed a few of the colours to make it my own, and wrapped the hoop in red thread for an extra pop of colour.

The little cross stitch ornaments were little kits from The Make Arcade that I made over the last few Christmases. I never know what to do with them, so they began the holidays hanging with my necklaces, and were later moved to the jewellery hooks above my tree, to hang out with my hummingbird decorations and a few baubles.

There were more decorations in my bedroom, including Christmas bedding on my bed, festive tea lights, books, light-up ornaments, and Christmas novelty bags, but I didn't manage to take photos of them all before they got packed away in January. Hopefully I'll have better luck this year, and find time to share photos here or at least on Instagram before this Christmas is through. I'll keep you posted!

Do you decorate your bedroom for Christmas and have you got your decorations up yet?

You Might Also Like
Christmas Home Tours 2012201320142015
Christmas Bedroom Tours 20132014201520162018
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Awww sooooo cute :-D I only put decorations up in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Ananka. :) I wouldn't put them up in my bedroom if I didn't spend so much time on bed rest, but now I do it's nice to cheer up the place.

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig