Monday 13 December 2021

The Muppets Christmas Carol Christmas Cards From Jenny Grene Illustration

Last Christmas, I didn't give someone my heart, but my sister, Sarah, got me the coolest Christmas card ever... this Muppets Christmas Carol card from Jenny Grene Illustration on Etsy.

I loved the card so much, I decided to keep it to frame as a Christmas decoration, and ended up collecting several of the illustrator's other Muppets cards with the aim of doing the same. I haven't got around to framing them yet, but I just had to tell you about these awesome cards.

If you're a fan of the Muppets Christmas Carol, I think you'll be as excited by these Christmas cards as I am. I actually squealed with happiness when I first saw them.

The Muppets Christmas Carol has been one of my favourite Christmas films since Christmas '92, when my Nana gave us a copy on video for Christmas. We grew up watching it multiple times every December, and now it wouldn't be Christmas without watching it at least a few times. It never fails to get me in to the Christmas spirit, and it makes me so nostalgic for my childhood. That's probably why I can't help fangirling over these cards.

Each card features an iconic scene from the film, from no cheeses for us meeces, to even the vegetables don't like him, and it's the penguins Christmas skating party! to the classic I am here to tell the story. And I am here for the food. The designs are fantastic, and I guarantee you, they'll put a big smile on the face of anyone who loves the film.

The designs are charming reproductions of Jenny Grene's original hand-drawn and digitally-coloured illustrations, and are printed on good-quality, thick A6 card. They are blank inside, allowing you to write your own personal greeting, and on the back is the illustrator's name and logo- a stem of yellow buttercups. Every card comes with a matching off-white envelope for your sending needs- but make sure you buy multiples of the cards, because you'll want to keep them all for yourself! My sister clearly has more willpower than I have because I could never give these cards away! That's okay, though; who wants to give them away when you can keep them and turn them in to the coolest Christmas wall art??

The cards are reasonably priced at £2.85 each on Etsy, and postage in the UK is refreshingly inexpensive. I waited about two weeks for my order as I ordered on Boxing Day and during lockdown last year,  but her usual lead time seems to be within a week.

If the Muppets Christmas Carol isn't your thing (what is wrong with you??), Jenny Grene Illustration stock plenty of other designs, too, including Elf, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Ross as The Holiday Armadillo. There are also lots of non-festive cult classics, and you can check out her current selection on Etsy here.

I'm really impressed with her cards, and couldn't recommend them to you more.  They're the best Christmas cards ever!

Are you a fan of The Muppets Christmas Carol? 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig