Friday 3 December 2021

The Make Arcade Gingerbread Man Christmas Cross Stitch Kit

I stitched the cutest little gingerbread man cross stitch ornament last December, but never found the time to post a photo of the end result anywhere, so it's time for it's debut. Better late than never, right?

This little gingerbread man kit came from an English brand called The Make Arcade who are known for their fun, colourful little craft kits, which are suitable for beginners and advanced crafters alike. I've made a few of their Christmas cross stitch ornaments in the past, and enjoyed them so much, I couldn't resist going back for this one two Christmases ago. It's cutesier than my usual style and much smaller and simpler than what I usually stitch, but his little face won me over, and I knew it would be a fun, quick project to sew while watching Christmas movies with the family.

I stitched it over a couple of evenings in front of the TV, and think it took about seven or eight hours of sewing to complete. It may only be a three inch design, but they take longer than they look! Once the sewing was done, I finished the back by cinching in the aida with a running stitch, and gluing on a circle of hot pink felt, which was provided in the kit. I also glued a yellow pom pom trim to the outside of the hoop. This wasn't part of the set- unlike the other three Make Arcade ornaments I made which came with pom pom trims- but something I purchased from Paperchase so it would match the others. Oddly, it also didn't come with some ribbon to hang it with, which is annoying, and I still haven't got around to buying something suitable. I must get myself down to Hobbycraft before Christmas so I can hang it. I don't understand why The Make Arcade have stopped supplying ribbons in their kits. It's such an inconvenience.

The kit comes with everything else you need to make it, including the aida (fabric), a three inch wooden embroidery hoop, threads, a needle, felt, step-by-step instructions to help beginners get started, and of course, the pattern. You'll just need some sewing scissors and something to cross the chart off with as you sew, and you're good to go. (A glue gun and glue would be helpful for attaching the felt, but you can sew it on instead. I just glued it on as I was being lazy). It all comes presented in a little cardboard box with a hot pink sleeve, so it would make a lovely present for any crafter this Christmas.

The Make Arcade seem to have updated their gingerbread man cross stitch kit design for Christmas 2021 (and I personally don't think it's as cute), but this design is still available to purchase from John Lewis here. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a fun, quick cross stitch project to enjoy this Christmas.

Have you cross stitched anything lately?

You Might Also Like

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That is just tooooo cute :-D I love anything gingerbread :-D

    How are you getting on with the OPIs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. Me too; gingerbread men are too cute.

      Really well, thanks. I got some gorgeous nail polishes from it. I haven't had time to try many of them yet, but I wore a couple of the red shades for Christmas, and they look so festive. :)

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig