Thursday 16 December 2021

The Winter Tag

As I've ran out of photos for the other festive posts I have planned, and I haven't felt well enough to take any these last few days, I thought it would be fun to do another Christmas tag post to fill the void while I get myself organised.

Today, I'm giving The Winter Tag a go. If you'd like to know what my favourite holiday tradition is, if I love or hate snow, or where I prefer to spend the holidays, this is the day you'll find out.

1. What is your favourite holiday tradition?

I think it's probably sitting down to Christmas lunch with my family on Christmas Day. We only have a meal around the table together two or three times a year, so it always feels pretty special. The food is always delicious, and we always end up laughing about something random until someone almost chokes on a Brussels sprout. What's not to love?

2. What is your favourite winter scent?

I love the smell of turkey and sage and onion stuffing roasting in the oven on Christmas morning, and apple and cinnamon always smells amazing.

3. What is your favourite winter go-to fashion trend?

With so many Christmas presents to buy, I rarely have much money to spend on my wardrobe during the winter, so I usually just layer cardigans over dresses, and wear them with leggings and ankle boots. Then add cosy gloves and a scarf, if I'm cold. I don't think there's any trends involved! 

4. What is your all time favourite holiday movie?

It's a tie between Santa Claus the Movie and The Muppets Christmas Carol. I grew up watching them every year, and it wouldn't be Christmas without watching them both multiple times.

5. What is your favourite all-time holiday tune?

I don't think I've got one favourite Christmas song. As I've said before, there are so many Christmas songs I love, and consider favourites. Some of those include (but aren't limited to):

Last Christmas by Wham.

I Believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake.

Step in to Christmas by Elton John.

A Spaceman Came Travelling by Chris de Burgh.

It's Only Christmas by Ronan Keating.

Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson.

6. Do you prefer to travel or stay at home for the holidays?

I've always preferred to stay at home for Christmas. Celebrating anywhere else just wouldn't be the same. You can't beat your own traditions in your own home where you can relax and crawl in to your own bed at the end of the day. I would love to experience Christmas in New York one day, though.

7. What's your favourite winter activity?

Before chronic pain, it was probably going for walks in the snow, but now I can't really do that anymore, I'm going to say... doing Christmas cross stitching or curling up under a cosy blanket and reading for a few hours. 

8. Do you love or hate the snow?

I've always loved snow, and hope for it every winter. The deeper, the better. I guess I'm just a big kid at heart. 

9. What is one item on your wish list this year?

I'm not actually wishing for much at the moment. I found it really difficult to put together a wish list this year (post here) as I'm happy with what I have. I would love to get the Vendula London Flower Shop backpack, but it's been out of stock in the UK for a while, and I doubt I'll be lucky enough to ever get my hands on it. 

10. What is your favourite holiday treat?

I've never been a fan of traditional Christmas treats like Christmas cake and mince pies, but I love our Christmas dinner (especially the roast potatoes), and the desserts my family make. And you can't beat a few Cadbury Roses. Ever since I was little, we've always had a tin or tub in the house at Christmas time, and it wouldn't be Christmas without some.

And that's The Winter Tag.

I tag... anyone who wants to give this tag a go! If you decide to take part, make sure you send me a link to your post so I can read your answers!

What's your favourite Christmas tradition?

You Might Also Like

The Jingle All The Way Christmas Tag

The Christmas Book Tag

A Christmas Tag

The Winterlicious Tag

The Christmas Day Tag

The Cracking Christmas Tag

The Christmas Tag

Would You Rather: Christmas Edition

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig