Thursday 10 December 2020

A Christmas Tag

I love a good tag post where I get to share a little more about myself with you guys- especially ones which are Christmas themed- so I thought it would be fun to have a go at another festive one I stumbled up on called 'A Christmas Tag.'

If you want to know what I get up to on Christmas Day, what my favourite Christmas treat is, or what I'm most looking forward to this year, keep reading!

I give you, A Christmas Tag:

1. What is your favourite Christmas movie?

It's hard to choose as I love so many Christmas movies, but I think my all time favourites are Santa Claus the Movie, and the Muppets Christmas Carol.

2. Do you like to stay in pyjamas or dress up on Christmas Day?

I like to stay in pyjamas for opening presents, and then get dressed up for the rest of the day. There's something lovely about dressing up, and doing your make up on Christmas Day. I'm always back in my pyjamas by early evening, though.

3. If you could only buy one person a present this year, who would it be and why?

I'd choose to spoil my dog with presents, so I don't have to upset anyone by leaving them out.

4. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

These days, we open our presents first thing on Christmas morning, but when we were kids we were allowed to open one present from under the tree on Christmas Eve night to placate us 'til Christmas Day.

5, Have you ever built a gingerbread house?

No, I never have, but I've always wanted to make one.

6. What are you most looking forward to this Christmas season?

I'm most looking forward to spending some quality time with my family, giving my family their presents, and the whole Christmas Eve / Day loveliness. I love the atmosphere during those two days.

7. Any Christmas wishes?

I'm just wishing for an end to the Corona Virus pandemic, so people can stop dying needlessly, lockdowns can end, life can go back to some resemblance of normal, and we can stop being anxious of catching it when we're around other people. I'm missing pre-virus life, and all the little things we took for granted about it a lot right now.

8. Favourite Christmas smell?

I love the smell of gingerbread and Christmas spices, but I think my favourite smell is the smell of the turkey and sage and onion stuffing roasting in the oven on Christmas morning. Our house has always smelt of turkey on Christmas Day, so it smells like Christmas to me, and makes me really nostalgic.

9. Favourite Christmas meal or treat?

I always look forward to our family's Christmas dinner- roast turkey with all the trimmings. You just can't beat it. As for treats, I love to indulge in a few Cadbury Roses, and enjoy my blackberry and apple trifle, my sister's Chocolate Squidgy Log, and my Mum's apple pie during the holidays.

10. How do you traditionally spend your Christmas Day?

I always have a quiet Christmas Day at home with just my immediate family- my parents, sisters, brother-in-law, and our dogs. We exchange presents in the morning while listening to Christmas music, and then I'll usually spend the rest of the morning watching a Christmas movie and working my magic on the Christmas dinner table. I'll then go and get ready, before we all sit down to Christmas lunch around 1-2pm. Afterwards, we'll all fall in to a food coma in front of the TV, and watch some Christmas movies together. Later on, we often play a board game or two, and graze on chocolates and other nibbles throughout the day. I'll usually crawl back up the stairs to recover in bed in the early evening, and just relax in front of the TV for the rest of the night, with turkey sandwiches and cake for tea late evening if I'm peckish. Occasionally, I'll go over to my sister's in the evening for drinks and board games, but I'm usually too exhausted from being out of bed all day to go these days. It probably sounds like a really boring Christmas to most of you, but it suits us, and we always have a lovely day together.

11. Do you open presents first or stockings?

We don't do stockings any more, but when I was little, we always opened presents first and stockings afterwards. 

12. When do you put up your tree?

I usually put the tree up in my bedroom on the 1st of December, but I only began last night as I've had a nightmare trying to find a small real tree this year. I guess there must be a shortage because of the pandemic. We used to put our Christmas decorations up downstairs from the 1st, too, but it seems to get later and later each year now. I think we'll be putting up our main tree in the living room this weekend.

13. Least favourite part of Christmas?

The pain and fatigue that comes with preparing for and enjoying it. Everything from wrapping presents to decorating the house leaves me in a lot of pain and wears me out these days, and the stress of it all makes my conditions flare, so it isn't as fun for me as it used to be. Christmas has always been my favourite time of year, but now I'm almost too exhausted to enjoy it all.

14. Any unusual traditions during your Christmas?

I can't think of anything unusual that we do at all. We're pretty normal and boring when it comes to Christmas!

15. Favourite childhood Christmas memory?

It's a random memory, but one that comes to mind is one Christmas morning, when I must have been about seven or eight, I was too excited to sleep, and crept across the landing to my older sister's room. She was also awake, so we laid in bed giggling as we devised a plan to get Christmas morning to start early. Being the geniuses we were, we turned her clock forward a few hours, and I was sent to my parent's room to wake them up, with the evidence that it was clearly time for Christmas morning to begin. We thought we were so clever, but of course, their alarm clocks betrayed us. It was 3am, not 7AM, like we insisted, and we were sent back to bed for a few more hours. I think they gave in, and let us get up at 6AM that year, so it was a minor victory. I don't know why this memory sticks in my mind more than many others, but it still makes me laugh whenever I think of it. 

And that's my take on A Christmas Tag.

I tag... anyone reading this who wants to take part! Be sure to send me your links if you do give the tag a go as I'd love to read your answers!

What are you most looking forward to this Christmas?

You Might Also Like

The Christmas Day Tag

The Cracking Christmas Tag

The Christmas Tag

Would You Rather: Christmas Edition

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig