Thursday 24 December 2020

What's In My Christmas Eve Box? 2020

Merry Christmas Eve!

I'm sorry this post is coming to you last minute. I had hoped to have it published a few days ago, but I'm stupidly unprepared this year, and I was only able to take the photos this morning. It might be a little bit late for you to gain inspiration to put your own Christmas Eve Box together (although, not impossible), but I hope you enjoy seeing what I've put in mine just the same.

This year, thanks to Covid, and Boris Johnson's last minute cancelling of Christmas in the UK, more of us will be staying home on Christmas Eve than ever before. 

My family would usually spend Christmas Eve mixing with family and friends at my Auntie's Christmas Eve party, but this year, we'll be spending it quietly at home. (Although, I have done since I developed chronic pain, anyway, so this year won't be any different for me). We won't be letting Covid spoil our Christmas, though; we'll just be making the most of the little things that make Christmas Eve special. We'll be baking tasty treats, watching Christmas movies together, and enjoying a Christmas Eve buffet for tea in the evening. I've also put together a Christmas Eve box full of festive things to enjoy as we count down the last hours 'til Christmas Day, because we need little treats to enjoy more than ever right now.

If you've never put together a Christmas Eve box before, this year could be the perfect time to start the tradition to make your Christmas Eve a little brighter. If you're facing a quiet night in, it will give you something to look forward to, and help make the night more special.

The idea is to put together a gift box full of little things for the perfect festive night in- think cosy new Christmas pyjamas, Christmas movies, chocolates, popcorn, hot chocolate, festive books, scented candles, etc.- whatever you consider necessary for a great festive night in. (If you're making it last minute or are just on a tight budget, you don't have to use all new things; just gather together items from what you already own, and add in a few edible treats)! 

I can't think of a better time to make one than during a pandemic when we're all stuck at home, and can't be out celebrating with our families and friends.

You can make one to share with your family, partner, or housemates, to gift to your kids or friends, or even just to enjoy alone. All you need to do is add in age-appropriate items, and the recipient's favourite treats.

Being a childless old maid hasn't stopped me from making my own Christmas Eve box to enjoy again this year- sometimes you've just gotta treat yo'self! I've added in a few things to share with my family, including chocolates and Christmas movies, but most of the contents will be enjoyed when I'm back upstairs winding down before bed.

So, what's in my Christmas Eve box this year?

♥ A cosy pair of Pusheen slipper socks from Truffle Shuffle.

♥ A pair of Christmas pyjamas to relax in, and hopefully look presentable in for photos on Christmas morning. (I couldn't afford a new pair this year, so I just added in an old pair from my collection).

♥ A couple of Christmas movies on DVD, including Last Christmas and The Muppets Christmas Carol for some fun festive viewing. (Even though we'll probably just end up streaming something).

♥ A beautiful clothbound copy of A Christmas Carol to read before I go to sleep.

♥ A bottle of The Body Shop's Festive Berry Shower gel so I can smell festive over Christmas.

♥ A tub of The Body Shop's Festive Berry body yogurt to give my skin a little TLC.

♥ A Body Shop Warm Vanilla soap to put by the bathroom sink so our hands smell festive over Christmas.

♥ A L'Oreal face mask to give my skin a treat.

♥ A red OPI nail polish in 'I Love You Just Be Cusco' so my nails look festive for Christmas.

♥ A new Erstwilder Christmas brooch to wear on Christmas Eve.

♥ A Cath Kidston mug for all those hot chocolates. (I forgot to add in the hot chocolate for the photos).

♥ Some mint chocolate Lindt Lindor truffles and Cadbury Jingly Bells to share with the family.

♥ A Make Arcade gingerbread man cross stitch kit to sew in front of the TV when I'm relaxing with my family this Christmas. (I never did manage to make it last year).

♥ A couple of Christmas Yankee Candles (Snowflake Cookie and Frosty Gingerbread), and a Nest Grapefruit candle to make the house feel extra cosy and smell delicious.

♥ My Too Faced 'Let It Snow, Girl!' snowman make up palettes to use over the holidays.

Here are some more ideas for things you could include in your own Christmas Eve boxes:

♥ Christmas face coverings.

♥ Festive-scented hand sanitiser.

♥ Cosy Christmas slippers.

♥ Novelty Christmas socks.

♥ A new Christmas dress / top / shirt.

♥ Christmas earrings or other jewellery.

♥ A Christmas colouring book and coloured pencils / crayons.

♥ Little Christmas craft kits- such as a mini cross stitch or ornament kit.

♥ Festive stationery.

♥ A hot water bottle. (Heat patches might also be appreciated for someone with chronic pain, since Christmas can be very demanding on our bodies).

♥ Christmas false nails or nail wraps.

♥ Festive bath bombs.

♥ Seasonal-scented bubble bath.

♥ Hand cream or body lotion.

♥ A cute soft toy.

♥ A gift card or subscription to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney +, or another streaming service for Christmas movie watching.

♥ A Christmas scratch card.

♥ Something alcoholic.

♥ Marshmallows.

♥ Favourite edible treats.

♥ Festive treats like mince pies, stollen, panettone, cakes, biscuits, chocolates, cheese boards etc.

♥ A new ornament to hang on the tree.

♥ A Christmas cracker.

♥ A selection of Christmas books for young readers, and a new festive-themed novel for older kids and adults.

♥ Small toys.

♥ A new Christmas stocking to leave out for Santa.

♥ A bag of reindeer food.

♥ A special plate to leave Santa's mince pie on.

I wasn't able to source a special Christmas Eve Box to present everything in (yet again) because I'm on a tight budget again this year, but it doesn't really matter since I'm only gifting it to myself. I just repurposed one of my slightly-festive-looking star-print storage boxes, and it does the job just fine.

You could use a pre-bought Christmas Eve Box, a gift box, gift bag, wicker basket, crate, Christmas stocking, tote bag, or any container you like to present your gifts in. You could even go all out, and decorate it with ribbons, pom poms, garlands, or all kinds of different decorations. It's totally up to you.

If you're planning to make a Christmas Eve Box as a gift, I'd recommend wrapping everything up in wrapping or tissue paper to add to the Christmas Eve fun and excitement, but you can leave everything unwrapped if the thought of wrapping any more presents fills you with dread. I get it. I never want to wrap another present, either.

I'm really looking forward to enjoying the contents of my Christmas Eve Box tonight, after a busy day of celebrating and getting ready for Christmas Day. It will be lovely to finally relax, indulge, and find time for some self-care after such a hectic month. Ah, I can't wait!

Merry Christmas, guys! I hope you have a wonderful few days despite this awful pandemic. 

Have you made a Christmas Eve Box this year? What would you put in one for the perfect Christmas night in?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig