Thursday 3 December 2020

Christmas Haul

I've bought quite a few festive things lately, from Christmas decorations to yuletide slippers, so I thought it would be fun to do a Christmas haul, and show you the things I've been buying this season.


I love checking out Paperchase's Christmas decorations, stationery, and gift wrapping supplies every year, and have added a few things to my collection already this Christmas. Taking advantage of their 3 for 2 offer, I bought a couple of packs of bright mini baubles and multi star decorations- mostly to use for present wrapping and as blog photo props. (Although, I like the pink and mint decorations so much, I might need to go back and buy another box of each to keep). 

I also bought a set of three retro reindeer tree decorations to add to my fifties deer collection. They're super cute, and are going to look great on my Christmas tree this year. Sadly, they're sold out online at the moment, but they might still be available in store. 

As well as decorations, I also bought a Sugar Plum Fairy sticker book for labeling this year's presents, and a box of 24 assorted charity cards. The designs are all bold, modern, and fun, and buying a pack support a number of different worthy charities, including Mind, WaterAid, Hearing Dogs For Deaf People, cancer and disability charities, and many more, so they're definitely a worthwhile purchase.


I know I just said I bought my Christmas cards from Paperchase, but I also couldn't resist these adorable Forever Friends Christmas cards, which I found in my local Thornton's card shop just before the country went on lockdown. I used to love Forever Friends when I was growing up, so it was impossible to resist them. It's a set of sixteen cards in two designs, and they're printed on thick 100% recyclable card.


As Cath Kidston hasn't released Christmas wrapping paper this year, I had to look elsewhere for this year's gift wrap. (The horror!) I was hoping to find either something mid-century-style, or colourful and modern, but couldn't find anything I liked- until I came across these from T K Maxx. The pink one is covered in cute Santas, snowmen, deer, and Christmas trees, with a polka dot background. and the cream ones feature retro Santa faces on a gold polka dot background. The cream paper is so thick it's almost like wallpaper, and they're so long you can easily wrap two big presents from one length! Not bad for £5.99 a roll! I've already started wrapping presents in the paper, and they look beautiful. I only wish I'd bought more. They're sold out online now, but perhaps I'll have to check in store to see if I can find a few more rolls to stockpile now that shops are open again.


A couple of months ago, I treated myself to these awesome Pusheen slipper socks from Truffle Shuffle when I was shopping for a couple of t-shirts for my brother-in-law for Christmas. They were only a fiver, and are so soft and fleecy. I got them to put in my Christmas Eve box, but I'm not sure I can resist them much longer! They're sadly now sold out from Truffle Shuffle, but I found a similar pair with the colours reversed on Amazon here.


I love collecting beautiful books, and added this stunning copy of A Christmas Carol to my collection in September. I'll be reviewing it for you on the blog tomorrow, so be sure to pop back if you want to know more! 


Of course, I also bought the OPI Shine Bright Advent calendar to count down to Christmas with this year, which I reviewed for you guys a few days ago here. I'm doing a daily reveal of what I get inside each day of Advent over on my Instagram here.


Even though I splurged on a nail polish Advent calendar, I had to get myself a cheap and cheerful Cadbury Advent calendar as well. I usually get a Dairy Milk Advent calendar because I often got one when I was growing up, and the taste of the chocolate takes me right back to childhood Christmases. Call me sad, but I like the nostalgia.


And I also picked up some of the new Cadbury Jingly Bells to put away for Christmas- but not before I bought a couple of bags to try at the same time. Have you guys tried them yet? They're amazing! They're individually-wrapped hazelnut flavoured chocolates about the size of a Lindt truffle, and they're soooo good. There isn't a lot of difference in taste between the two- and I'm confused as to why they made two hazelnut varieties instead of another flavour- but I think the Hazelnut Creme ones are ever so slightly nicer. 

I've also acquired some new Erstwilder Christmas brooches and Body Shop festive products, which I haven't been able to photograph yet, but will hopefully find time to review for you before Christmas. And last week, I ordered some Christmas cracker kits, and more craft materials from Hobbycraft, that aren't really interesting enough to blog about.

So, that's what I've been buying so far this festive season. (Y'know, apart from presents for my family and friends).

What festive things have you been buying lately?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I miss having access to Paperchase products. They used to be sold in a store here, but that store no longer exist. I love the reindeer ornaments, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that really sucks. I couldn't live without some Paperchase stationery in my life. I remember when we could only really get Paperchase here in big cities like London, and that was hell. I always had to visit whenever we went to London. I love the reindeer, too; I've got quite a few different ones from them in my collection now.

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig