Thursday 17 December 2020

The Winterlicious Tag

I was looking back through old Christmas posts in the archives of my blog the other day, and came across The Winterlicious Tag, which I first filled out in December 2012.

I wrote the post so long ago that parts of it made me feel like I was reading about a different person, while other answers made me realise I haven't changed that much at all.

I thought it would be fun to revisit the tag eight years on, and answer the questions again to see how different (or similar) my answers would be now, so that's what I'm going to do.

Here's The Winterlicious Tag:

What is your most worn winter clothing piece?

I don't really have a winter wardrobe these days as I just layer up my dresses for winter, so probably just one of my cropped cardigans, or my black pleather biker jacket from Dorothy Perkins.

What is your favourite Christmas movie?

I love Christmas movies and have so many favourites, but I think my ultimate favourites are probably Santa Claus the Movie and The Muppets Christmas Carol. They're both classics I've been watching every year since childhood, and it wouldn't be Christmas without watching them at least half a dozen times each. I also really love Little Women (1994), The Family Stone, The Santa Clause, Home Alone 1 and 2, The Holiday, Christmas With the Kranks, While You Were Sleeping, Meet Me in St. Louis, The Snowman, and Miracle on 34th Street, to name but a few.

What is your most worn winter accessory?

It's probably between my old pair of burgundy studded ankle boots from Simply Be, a pair of fingerless crocheted navy and teal gloves from Accessorize I've had for years, or currently, my collection of Christmas Erstwilder brooches.

What is your favourite eye palette?

I'll be honest: I've barely worn make up this year, because I've only left the house a handful of times, and can't seem to find the motivation to wear it around the house. On the few occasions I have worn make up, I've been gravitating towards my Urban Decay Heavy Metals palette, which is filled with gorgeous metallics, and the Urban Decay Full Spectrum palette, which is a colour junkie's dream. It has some gorgeous greens and golds that are perfect for the festive season. I have so many eyeshadow palettes I enjoy using, though, and my favourites change all the time.

What is your favourite Christmas food / treat?

That's a tough one as there's always so much good food to eat at Christmas time. I'm not really a fan of traditional Christmas cakes and mince pies but I love my apple and blackberry trifle, my Mum's apple pie, and my sister's chocolate squidgy log. I'm also partial to some Cadbury Roses (Hazel Whirls are my faves!), my sister's goose-fat roast potatoes (from our Christmas meal), and enjoy turkey sandwiches for a day or two after Christmas. 

What is your favourite every day Christmas perfume?

My go-to perfume is a citrusy scent called Escada Taj Sunset, which I wear all year round, but I love wearing DKNY's Red Delicious at Christmas time, too. It has a sweet, fruity scent with top notes of lychee and raspberry, heart notes of bergamot, patchouli and rose, and base notes of leather, amber, and vanilla. It smells like red apples, and it's perfect for wearing at Christmas around all those Christmas spices.

What is your favourite Christmas song?

I'm not sure I could choose just one. There are so many Christmas songs that I love, and I have hundreds in my collection. I especially love the classics I grew up listening to every Christmas in the eighties and nineties, and every Christmas since, as the nostalgia makes them extra festive. Some of my favourites include:

♥ Last Christmas by Wham.

♥ I Believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake.

♥ Step in to Christmas by Elton John.

♥ Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney.

♥ 2000 Miles by The Pretenders.

♥ All Alone on Christmas by Darlene Love.

♥ Stop the Cavalry by Jona Lewie.

♥ A Spaceman Came Travelling by Chris de Burgh.

♥ Mary's Boy Child by Boney M.

♥ It's Only Christmas by Ronan Keating.

♥ Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson.

♥ Troika by Lieutenant Kije (London Symphony Orchestra).

And I could keep listing all day! It's impossible to choose just one Christmas song!

Favourite Christmas blusher?

I can't say I have such a thing as a 'Christmas blusher', but I guess I use The Body Shop's Shimmer Waves, and Stila's All You Need is Love cheek palette a lot at this time of year as they both have a lovely shimmer.

What is your favourite winter beverage?

I love a hot chocolate during the cold months, especially from Hotel Chocolat. Their hot chocolates are incredible!

What is your favourite lip product?

I don't wear lipstick or lipgloss very often as I prefer to draw attention to my eyes, so I'd have to go with The Body Shop's coconut lip butter. It's so nourishing on chapped, dry lips, and tastes good, too.

What is your favourite winter scent / candle?

I love the smell of gingerbread, clementines, Christmas spices, bonfires, real Christmas trees, and turkey and sage and onion stuffing roasting in the oven on Christmas morning. Not all together, obviously. As for candles, I love anything that smells of baked goods at this time of year, like Yankee Candle's Christmas Cookie, Snowflake Cookie, or Frosty Gingerbread. The scents are so comforting and make the house smell like someone has been baking up a storm in the kitchen.

Do you have any Christmas traditions?

I wish I could think of something exciting to tell you, but our Christmas traditions are just little boring things. We always decorate the family tree listening to an album called 100% Christmas, which we've done every year since 1994 (although, now it's added to a playlist with other songs). I like to wrap presents watching Santa Claus the Movie or The Muppets' Christmas Carol. I always set the table for Christmas dinner, and have done since I was about seven. My younger sister and I usually watch a festive episode of The Vicar of Dibley together on Christmas Eve night. I make an Apple and Blackberry trifle on Christmas Eve, and my sister always makes Delia's 'Squidgy Chocolate Log.' And my family always went to my Auntie's Christmas Eve party in Worcester on Christmas Eve, (although she hasn't hosted the last few years, since my Grandad and cousin both passed away in 2017), and we'd listen to Christmas music, and look out for the best Christmas lights on the drive there and back.

What is your favourite winter nail polish?

I love a red, racing green, or glittery gold nail at this time of year. A few of my current favourites are Essie's Russian Roulette, OPI's Bogota Blackberry, Barry M's Bright Red, and Barry M's Green Origin in Evergreen.

What is at the top of your Christmas list?

I haven't really got my heart set on anything this year. I'd love some new books or some Erstwilder brooches, but I'd be happy to just have a lovely Christmas with my family. Christmas isn't about the presents for me.

What are your plans for the holidays this year?

I'll just be spending Christmas at home with my family- my parents, sisters, brother-in-law, and our dogs. We won't be mixing with our relatives over Christmas this year. On Christmas Eve, we'll probably bake, watch Christmas movies, and put together a Christmas buffet for tea. On Christmas Day, we'll exchange presents, sit down for a turkey roast, watch more festive TV, eat too many chocolates, fall in to a food coma, and maybe even push the boat out and play a board game or two. It probably sounds boring compared to other people's Christmases, but we always have a lovely day together and a house full of laughter. I'm then planning to have a lazy Boxing Day sitting on the sofa in my PJs watching Christmas movies and eating cake with my family to recover from the hecticness of the past month. I can't wait!

And that's The Winterlicious Tag 2020.

I tag... anyone who wants to give this tag a go! If you do answer the tag, be sure to send me the links to your blog posts, as I'd love to read your answers!

What are your plans for the holidays this year?

You Might Also Like

A Christmas Tag

The Christmas Day Tag

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig