Monday 7 December 2020

Erstwilder x Pete Cromer 2020 Christmas Brooches

Last December, Erstwilder collaborated with the Australian artist Pete Cromer, and released one of their most popular jewellery collections to date. (I was lucky enough to collect six pieces, which I reviewed here). Everything sold out in record time, and the beautiful designs left Erstwildians begging for an encore- myself included.

I never imagined that Erstwilder would actually team up with Cromer again so soon, or that their second collaboration would include this year's Christmas collection, as well as a redesigned range of Australian animal designs. I was so excited when I heard the news and saw the spoilers that it felt like all my Christmases had come at once. 

The new collection included eighteen brooches, two necklaces, five pairs of earrings, and three sets of collar clips, plus a range of Essentials earrings in complimenting resins.

Luckily, for my bank balance, the collection included several designs that were only slightly different from the originals I purchased last year, or I could've gone crazy with this collection. While I wanted all the new variations, I managed to restrain myself and only bought four brooches- the snowman, robin, Santa, and koala- although, I put Santa on lay-buy for a month, so I won't be able to show him to you until closer to Christmas. 

I am, however, here to show you the other three brooches I recently acquired. I know some of you will love them as much as I do.

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without some snowmen, so let's start with the sparkliest snowman brooch in town, Snuggy Snowman. Snuggy Snowman was the first piece that caught my eye in the previews on Instagram, and one of the pieces I was most determined to add to my collection- partly because there was a snowman-shaped hole in my brooch collection, but mostly because it was one of the cutest snowmen brooches I'd ever seen.

Snuggy is a perfectly-formed three-tier snowman, made from glittery white resin snowballs that shimmer like a frozen diamond mine when the light hits them. The resin is so sparkly that I can't help playing with it, and showing everyone how much it sparkles! Naturally, a good snowman is all about the finishing touches, and Snuggy has been brought to life with a carrot nose and four coal buttons, and finished with a red and blue scarf, and a dapper black and red top hot using a mix of marbled and bubble resins. He's the perfect Christmas brooch, and has been getting so much wear already this month.

Next up is probably my favourite piece from the Christmas collection this year- a glittery red robin brooch creatively named 'Red Robbin.' Red Robbin is a festive little guy all dressed up for Christmas with a glittery ruby red breast to rival Dorothy's slippers. He's so sparkly! (I'm such a magpie!) The rest of his plump little body is made from a beautiful marbled white, and  caramel-coloured wood-effect resins, with a tear-drop shaped duck-egg blue, black, and ruby red wing. He's so beautiful, and easily one of my favourite brooches ever. I've always loved robins, and this is the perfect robin brooch I never knew I needed. I wore him over the weekend, and he'll definitely be on circulation until at least the New Year for many Christmases to come.

Moving away from Christmas and on to Australian animals, I was so excited to see some koala designs in this collection, as I missed out on last year's koala brooch, and have been sad about it ever since. Erstwilder and Pete Cromer spoiled us for choice this year with koala earrings, a koala necklace, and two Kuddly Koala brooches- including a new mini brooch, as well as the standard size we're more familiar with. The mini brooch was cuter than a bush full of koalas munching on eucalyptus, but I made a snap decision and went with the standard Kuddly Koala brooch because sometimes you just have to super size.

Unlike last year's sleeping Kindhearted Koala, this year's koala is bright eyed and bushy-tailed, watching intently as it sits clinging to an invisible tree. He's made from a beautiful grey marbled resin, and decorated with shapes in shades of white, teal, emerald green, lime, pink, black and grey in Cromer's distinct style. I particularly love the teardrop detailing on his left ear, and his cute little claws. It's a truly beautiful brooch, and I love it even more than last year's koala, so I'm pleased I waited, and so happy to finally have a koala in my brooch zoo. I know I'll be wearing this little guy to death from now on.

The majority of the Erstwilder x Pete Cromer collection sold out in minutes, so unfortunately, I haven't been able to find most of these brooches for sale anywhere. I'd recommend trying Erstwilder fan resale sites and eBay if you want to try to track one down. There are a few pieces from the collection still available from Erstwilder, Pete Cromer, and some of their stockists, though, so be sure to check them out. The collection is amazing!

Keep an eye out for a review of the Erstwilder x Pete Cromer Santa brooch in a couple of weeks.

Did you buy anything from the Erstwilder x Pete Cromer collection?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig