Tuesday 20 November 2018

Erstwilder Festive Splendour Christmas Brooches




A couple of weeks ago, Erstwilder, my favourite Australian jewellery brand, released a new Christmas collection for 2018, and I've naturally been all over it like baubles on a Christmas tree.

As a big Erstwilder fan and Christmas addict extraordinaire, I look forward to their Christmas collections every year, and have been anticipating this year's offerings for months. I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed- although, I don't think the designs quite live up to last year's Kitschy Christmas range. (Sorry Erstwilder).

Erstwilder have given us a twelve-piece collection called 'Festive Splendour' for Christmas 2018, made up of eight brooches, one brooch trio, two necklaces, and a pair of earrings. Designed by artist Elena Leong, the range has a wonderful nostalgic feel to it, featuring all the things you'd expect from a traditional, old-fashioned Christmas like Santa, reindeer, Christmas puddings, snowflakes, and Christmas candles.

I wish I could collect the whole range, but I've only been able to stretch to two so far; the reindeer and the Christmas pudding. I love the brooches I chose and I think many of you will, too, so I'm here to give you a closer look at them today.



First up is Guide My Sleigh; everybody's favourite red-nosed reindeer. Rudolph was instantly one of my favourites from the collection, and the brooch looked so cute, I just had to make him my first purchase. He's smaller and daintier than I was expecting, but I think that just adds to his charm. Good things come in small packages, after all.

He has the most beautiful caramel-coloured body, with two dark brown legs, and a matching antler and ear. The other antler has a white pearlescent finish, adding a touch of glitz and glamour for the festive season. Of course, Rudolph wouldn't be Rudolph without his iconic red nose, which Erstwilder have made a gorgeous ruby red, and he's been finished with a matching ruby red collar studded with four gold beads for jingle bells. He's without a doubt the most adorable reindeer on four legs, and even lovelier in person than he looks on screen. I've always wanted a reindeer brooch to wear at Christmas time, and I know this one is going to get a lot of wear this Christmas.

Guide My Sleigh is currently sold out from Erstwilder and most stockists, but is still available from Daisy Park, so snap him up fast if you want to get your hands on one!



The other piece I just couldn't resist was Treacle Treat, a big traditional Christmas pudding. Love it or hate it, Christmas pudding is such an iconic Christmas treat, and is as recognisable as the Christmas tree or jolly old Saint Nick.

When I saw Erstwilder had made a Christmas pudding brooch, I just had to have it in my collection to wear over the holidays. I fell in love with this brooch immediately, and surprisingly, I found it to be my favourite of the two I purchased- on screen the reindeer was actually my favourite from the collection. It's stunning. I think you have to see this brooch for yourself to fully appreciate how beautiful it is; my photos really don't do it justice.

The pudding itself is made from the most gorgeous chestnut brown textured resin, which my camera hasn't captured well at all, but the colours shown in the stock images are pretty spot on. It's topped with a layer of white resin brandy butter, which has silvery pearlescent lines running through it, and finished with a sprig of holly, made up of lime and emerald green leaves, and two glittery red holly berries. It's absolutely perfect, down to the last detail. Erstwilder did a beautiful job designing this pudding, and I honestly think you'd be hard pressed to find a more beautiful Christmas pudding brooch than Treacle Treat. I know I'll be wearing it to death this Christmas and for many more to come.

Treacle Treat is sold out on Erstwilder's website, but still available from most UK stockists.



Both brooches retail for £24.95, or $39.95 Australian dollars, and you can shop Erstwilder's entire Festive Splendour Christmas collection on their website here, and find a list of stockists around the world here

If you've enjoyed this post, look out for my review of my four Kitschy Christmas Erstwilder brooches, coming to the blog in a couple of weeks!

Which pieces are your favourites from the Festive Splendour collection? Have you bought anything from the collection yet?

You Might Also Like
Erstwilder Kitschy Christmas Brooches
Erstwilder Out of Africa Brooches
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig