Tuesday 9 October 2018

Erstwilder Out Of Africa Brooches



In August, Erstwilder, my favourite Australian jewellery brand, released their highly anticipated Out of Africa collection, which has to be one of my favourite Erstwilder collections to date.

This twenty-piece collection, designed by artist Sally Land, features designs of some of Africa's most iconic animals such as elephants, rhinos, lions, hippos, giraffes, and so many others, and even some of Africa's more unusual creatures like the okapi and the bat-eared fox. As a huge animal lover and Erstwilder fan, I'm naturally obsessed with this collection, and if money grew on trees, I would have happily bought every single piece the morning they went on sale. They are that perfect. Alas, I'm poor, and have only been able to stretch to two pieces so far, but I'm hoping to collect more as time goes on.

There are fourteen brooches to collect, plus one brooch trio, two necklaces, one necklace and brooch set, and two pairs of earrings. I bet you can guess what I went for! Yep, you've got it- brooches again! I'm so predictable!


On the day the collection was released, I had to narrow down my favourites to just one (no easy task, I can tell you!), and chose to buy Finnicky Fennec, the fennec fox brooch. If you're not familiar with the fennec fox, it's a small, sandy-coloured fox with a cute little face and huge bat-like ears from the deserts of Africa and the Middle East, and it's ca-uuuute! Seriously, Google it- you'll love it. Just be prepared to die of cuteness!

I've always loved foxes, even pre-dating the days of my The Animals of Farthing Wood obsession, so I was excited to see a fennec fox brooch in the collection, and couldn't resist him. They've captured the fennec fox perfectly. He's so beautiful with his peachy coloured head, pink inner ears, and stunning pearlescent face, muzzle, and (huge!) ears that shimmer pink, blue, and green in the light. He's finished off with big black and white eyes, a little black nose, and a pair of orange whiskers on each cheek, and the result is one seriously cute fox brooch that I just can't stop wearing. With his decent size, Finnicky makes a great statement piece, and I think he's perfect for pairing with autumn colours, neutrals, and pastels in the spring. He's been getting so much wear already.


Last month, I also treated myself to Short-Sighted Sophie, a bespectacled pink gorilla brooch with more character than King Kong, Curious George, and Terk rolled together. I fell in love with her the moment I first saw a preview photo of her on Instagram, and knew I had to have her. I couldn't afford her on release day, but I was so desperate to get my hands on her, I put her on lay away and paid in instalments. (Erstwilder and some of their stockists offer this service, but you have to pay a deposit straight away). I'm so glad I did because she's become one of my favourite pieces of jewellery of all time. Look how adorable she is!

This pretty gorilla has a bubble gum pink head and legs with just a hint of lilac, while her body is a complimenting dark lilac. She also has a white heart-shaped chest, and a fair little face with delicate black features, on which sit a pair of glittery red cat-eye glasses, not unlike my own. Mine are a little less cat-eyed, but she's basically my glasses twin! It was one of the reasons I had to have her in my life. Another was because she's a bright pink gorilla, and how often do you see such a thing? She's utterly adorable, has character in spades, and sure makes a statement out of any outfit. I adore her, and I'm so glad I managed to add her to my collection. It was the best decision I've made in ages. I couldn't recommend her more.


Most of the Out of Africa collection is still available from Erstwilder and their stockists around the world, and it's well worth a browse if you're in to fun resin jewellery like these. The brooches will set you back £24.99 each. I'm still hoping to get my hands on more of the collection, particularly the rhino, okapi, and elephant brooches. I'll definitely be adding them to my Christmas list this year, so I guess I'd better start behaving to get on Santa's 'nice' list, huh?

Have you bough any pieces from Erstwilder's Out of Africa collection? Which pieces are your favourites?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig