Monday 23 December 2019

Erstwilder All Wrapped Up Christmas Brooches


As a brooch addict and self-confessed Christmas enthusiast, I look forward to Erstwilder's Christmas jewellery collections every year, and I sure wasn't disappointed by this year's cutesy, kitsch offerings from the new collection, All Wrapped Up. You'd better believe I was up before sunrise when the range launched last month, shopping my favourites from the twenty-piece collection of brooches, necklaces, and earrings. I treated myself to three of my favourites, but I put them on lay-buy for a month and paid in instalments so I could concentrate on Christmas shopping before spending on myself. The wait was torture, but my order finally arrived last week, and I'm so happy with my choices I just have to tell you all about them.


My first pick and probably my favourite piece from the whole collection, is the Season's Greetings brooch which has been redesigned for Christmas 2019 in the prettiest pastel colours. Season's Greetings is an adorable snowglobe brooch with a festive scene inside, including a sweet little marbled resin gingerbread house sitting on a snow covered hill, with lilac glitter Christmas trees and a snowy pastel blue sky behind it. It's framed with a scalloped border of glittery white resin, and sits on a caramel-coloured base with white detailing. It's absolutely perfect, and easily one of the cutest Christmas brooches I've ever seen. I can't stop wearing it!


Another pastel piece I was powerless to resist was the Past Midnight brooch, a cuckoo clock brooch which has also received a new look for the collection, transforming from the original chocolate brown and red colour-way, to pastel pink and glittery lilac, ice blue, and white. It's so pretty with all those sugary sweet pastel colours, and I think it's utterly adorable. I'm so pleased to have this brooch in my collection after missing out on the original in 2017, and as it's not a particularly festive design, it's one I can see myself wearing from winter through til spring for many years to come.

For my third choice, I stepped away from the pastel colours, and went with something a little more traditional to add a little variety to my Christmas jewellery box. I adopted Miss Mistletoe, a sweet little Australian robin sitting amongst some holly. With her grey textured feathers, and an amazing glittery coral breast, she's different to the European robins which are often featured in Christmas paraphernalia in England, but I think she's adorable and really festive-looking. The holly leaves and berries surrounding her are made from the most gorgeous marbled green and red resins, and the colours make it the ideal brooch to wear with classic Christmas colours like red and green, which I wear a lot of at this time of year.


I also received a free red and green Christmas present brooch called Under The Tree Tradition for purchasing three pieces from the collection! I wasn't sure if I would qualify for the freebie since I put my order on lay-buy, so it was a lovely surprise to find in my parcel when it landed on my doorstep last week. The present is quite simple in comparison to the other designs in the range, but it's crafted from a stunning marbled red resin (which I'm a little obsessed with right now), and the glitteriest, sparkliest lime and emerald green resins for the ribbons. It's beautiful, and will be perfect for wearing on Christmas morning for opening presents with my family. Sadly, this brooch isn't available to buy individually, as it was a free gift for purchasing three or more pieces from the All Wrapped Up collection. There were only a limited number available, so I think it's unlikely that you'll find one in your parcel if you choose to order three pieces from it now. Sorry, guys.


Alongside the All Wrapped Up collection, Erstwilder also released a range of Essentials drop earrings on the same day that can be worn with the Christmas brooches and necklaces. I was drawn to several pairs, but after spending so much on brooches, I could only justify purchasing one pair, and choose the ripple resin hearts. They're big red hearts with a heart cut out in the centre, and are made from a stunning dark red ripple resin. I hadn't worn drop earrings in years, but I've found them light and comfortable, and they don't annoy me at all, which is great. They match so many of my Erstwilder brooches, and the colour is so festive. I'm planning to wear them over Christmas paired with a Christmas brooch and a pretty dress. At just £5.75 a pair, these drop earrings are so inexpensive, and I'm hoping to collect some more designs and colours as time goes on. The quality is fantastic for the price!



And those are the pieces I bought from Erstwilder's new Christmas collections.

There are so many other amazing designs in both the All Wrapped Up and Essential Drop Earrings collections, and if you want to check them out, you can find them on Erstwilder here, or via their stockists around the world here if you're outside Australia.

Have you bought anything from this year's Christmas collections?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig