Monday 2 December 2019

50 Things I Want To Do This Christmas


It's December 2nd and that can only mean one thing- the festive season is officially here! 

Christmas is on its way; decorations are being hung, presents are being wrapped, Christmas tunes are being blared out wherever you turn- whether you want to hear them or not- and the cupboards are being stocked with delicious goodies that can't be touched 'til Christmas Day. I couldn't be happier; Christmas has always been my favourite time of year. (It's also the most stressful, but let's not focus on that).

There are so many fun festive activities I want or need to do between now and the end of the year so I can enjoy as much festive cheer as possible and get organised for the big day. I've actually come up with fifty things I'd like to do this Christmas, and I've written a to do list to motivate myself to do as many of them as I can. I probably won't manage all of them, but I'm going to do my best to complete as many of my festive goals as possible. I thought you might like to see what my goals are for December, so I'm here to share a list of 50 things I want to do this Christmas.

Let's get started...


1. Buy a little Christmas tree for my bedroom.

2. Decorate my bedroom for Christmas.

3. Decorate the tree and the rest of the house for Christmas with my family.

4. Cut down foliage (holly and fir branches etc.) from the garden to dress the fireplace with.

5. Go see the Christmas lights being switched on in my town.

6. Go to Bourton-on-the-Water's Christmas lights switch-on. (They stand their Christmas tree in the river running through the town centre and it's so pretty, with the fairy lights twinkling on the water).

7. Drive around to spot the best Christmas lights in my area.

8. Try to finish my Christmas cross stitch wall hanging- or at least complete as much of it as I can.

9. Watch The Nutcracker movie for the first time. (I've already bought myself a copy on DVD).

10. Have lots of Christmas movie marathons.

11. Watch a Christmas movie at the cinema. (I haven't actually been to the cinema since Mockinjay Part 2 because I find it too uncomfortable, but I'd happily grin and bear the pain for something festive. I miss going to the cinema).

12. Watch the new Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special. (I've been looking forward to this for months!)

13. Write and send my Christmas cards- and not at the last minute.

14. Make homemade Christmas crackers.

15. Make table favours for Christmas dinner.


16. Make felt floral Christmas wreaths. (I've only been planning to do this for about three  years...)

17. Make some more festive hoop art to fill my wall.

18. Finally make the Christmas snow globe I've been meaning to make for years.

19. Make the needle felt Christmas decorations I bought last year.

20. Put together this year's Christmas Eve Box to enjoy on Christmas Eve night.

21. Fill a Christmas gift box for a homeless person.

22. Finish my Christmas shopping.

23. Finish wrapping Christmas presents. (I started in November to make it easier on my back).

24. Try to document as much of the festive season as possible on Instagram.

25. Read A Literary Christmas.

26. Reread A Christmas Carol and Little Women.

27. Read a new-to-me Christmas novel.

28. Bake and decorate some Christmas cookies or cupcakes.

29. Make my blackberry and apple trifle on Christmas Eve.


30. Make some new Christmas playlists. (I've just got a new laptop and lost all the ones I'd saved from last Christmas).

31. Listen to lots of festive tunes.

32. Visit a garden centre to browse the Christmas departments and food halls.

33. Get photos of Rosie in a Christmas jumper.

34. Make dog treats for Rosie and Mia as a Christmas treat.

35. Try to blog lots of festive content- and schedule as much in advance as I can. (I've got quite a few posts planned already!)

36. Go out for hot chocolate.

37. Try a mince pie. (I haven't had one since I was little and don't know if I might actually like them now, so I need to find out).

38. Make a yule log. (I haven't made one since childhood, and I'd love to give it a go again).

39. Spend some quality time with my family over Christmas.

40. Find time to do a little painting with one of my Christmas colouring books.

41. Buy a new Christmas dress. (Preferably a Christmas patterned one, but otherwise just a pretty dress to wear over the holidays).

42. Buy a new pair of Christmas PJs to wear on Christmas Eve night and Christmas morning.

43. Wear the shit out of my Erstwilder Christmas brooches.

44. Take lots of photos and videos of the festivities.

45. Play a board game or two over Christmas.


46. Count down the days 'til Christmas with my nail polish Advent calendars, and share daily updates on Instagram. (Follow me on Instagram for daily reveals on the contents of my Ciaté and Essie nail polish calendars).

47. Make my Animal Crossing New Leaf town look super festive. (Everything changes with the seasons in Animal Crossing, so you get snow, festive outfits, festive furniture, and lots of other fun stuff I've yet to discover).

48. Do my best to participate in more surveys to make some last minute Christmas cash.

49. Buy lots of Christmas presents for my dog. (Rosie loves opening presents, and deserves some new toys).

50. Find some time to relax and destress.

And those are fifty things I'd like to do this Christmas.

What about you? What are you most looking forward to doing this Christmas?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig