Thursday 12 December 2019

IWOOT Christmas Jumpers*


*[AD- Review. This post features products that were sent to me in exchange for a review. As always, all words, opinions, and photos are my own].

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without wearing a fun Christmas jumper at every opportunity. We wear them to the Christmas lights switch on, curled up watching Christmas movies on the sofa, for decorating the tree, and of course, to embrace the festive spirit at the office Christmas party and on Christmas Day itself. They're now as much a part of Christmas as Christmas trees and mince pies, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't know about you, but I love a good Christmas jumper, and own several I like to wear year after year to enjoy the festivities. Even so, I can never resist window shopping for new designs each Christmas to see what I can add to the collection, and when IWOOT got in touch and invited me to review a couple of Christmas jumpers for them, I naturally jumped at the chance.

IWOOT invited me to choose two jumpers to review from their extensive selection of Christmas jumpers, which was no easy task as they have hundreds of amazing designs to choose from this Christmas. Their designs cover everything from cult films like Harry Potter and Star Wars, to retro computer game characters and consoles like Super Mario and Nintendo; Christmas films like Home Alone, Elf, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation to Marvel and DC Comics' superheros, and cute festive motifs. No matter your tastes or interests, there's something for everybody, and you can even kit out the whole family as they do Christmas jumpers for men, women, and children!

I eventually narrowed down my favourites and chose two Christmas jumpers that I think you're going to love as much as I do. I was hoping to model them for you to show you how they fit, but I'm still recovering from a neck injury, so I've had to go with a few flatlays instead. Sorry guys.


My first choice was the Muppets Pattern Christmas Sweatshirt* in grey, which I think I was drawn to as The Muppets Christmas Carol has been one of my favourite Christmas films since 1993, when my Nana gave us a copy of the film on video for Christmas. It's been a staple part of my Christmases for nearly thirty years now, so it wouldn't be Christmas without watching it at least half a dozen times each December. It's a classic! I don't think I've ever seen a Muppets Christmas jumper before, though, so I was excited to see this design, and knew it was the one for me.

This officially licensed Disney sweatshirt features a white Christmas print with festive images like snowflakes, presents, Christmas trees, and Santa in his reindeer-led sleigh, and the colourful faces of everyone's favourite Muppets mixed in for good measure. There's Miss Piggy, Animal, Fozzi Bear, and Gonzo, plus Kermit in a Santa hat, and even a couple of baubles designed to look like Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. The design is so cute, and perfect for any Muppets fan- including my Mum, who has already attempted to steal it from me!


The sweatshirt is a lovely light grey and as it's made from 95% cotton and has a fleecy lining, it's super soft, and so warm and cosy to wear. It's a medium-thick sweatshirt, but not to thick, so it's the ideal Christmas jumper for keeping warm in without overheating. If grey isn't your thing, the sweatshirt also comes in black, and both colours are available for men and children, as well as women. The women's jumper comes in sizes XS to 5XL, which the size guide says translates to a UK 24. Knowing sweatshirts like these often come up a little on the small side and hoping for an over-sized fit, I decided to size up, and requested a 5XL, hoping it wouldn't be too big. I'm glad I did, as this sweatshirt is definitely at least a size smaller than advertised, and while it still has a relaxed, roomy fit on me, it's not over-sized and doesn't have a lot of room to spare around the hips. I think the size down would've been too snug for comfort, so I'd recommend sizing up at least once, if possible, especially if you prefer a slouchier fit.


The second Christmas jumper that I selected was the Friends Happy Holidays Women's Christmas Sweatshirt*, a thick white sweatshirt with a colourful illustration of Ross Geller dressed up as the Holiday Armadillo on a bright blue background across the chest. 

When I first laid eyes on this sweatshirt, I may have gotten a little overexcited, and knew this Christmas jumper had to come home with me. You just can't have Christmas without The Holiday Armadillo, your part Jewish friend for all the southern states, aaaand MEXICO! (And all the counties of the UK and Ireland, too, of course)! The episode is a Christmas classic and one I still enjoy watching every year because it's hilarious, and never fails to make me laugh.

In all the years since that episode was released, I have never seen a Holiday Armadillo Christmas jumper before, so this officially licensed Friends sweatshirt is so unique, and one you're unlikely to find every other person wearing at the office Christmas party... at least this year because everyone is going to want one when they see you wearing it! Luckily, the sweatshirt caters to both men and women in sizes XS to 5XL, so most people can join in the fun with you!


Like the Muppets sweatshirt, the Happy Holidays design is small sized, and I'd recommend sizing up at least once- if not twice- for a more comfortable fit. It's snug on the hips on me, even though I sized up from my usual size to a 5XL, and quite fitted everywhere else, too. Not quite the over-sized fit I was hoping for, although, it's still loose enough to wear comfortably. It's not quite as soft as the Muppets sweatshirt, either, but as it's made from 80% cotton, it's still soft and snugly and it's fleecy lining will keep you snug as a bug (or should that be an armadillo??) while you're Christmas shopping or strolling around the Christmas markets.

Both jumpers retail for a very reasonable £24.99 each, and they're currently on promotion for just £14.99, so now is the time to treat yourself to a new Christmas jumper for the holidays, and grab yourself a bargain.

If The Muppets or Friends aren't your thing, IWOOT have almost two thousand other Christmas jumper designs to choose from, featuring all kinds of popular movies, TV shows, cartoon characters, and more, and you can find their full range of Christmas jumpers here.

IWOOT have also kindly provided me with a discount code to share with you, so be sure to enter code XMASLOUISE at checkout to save yourself 30% off their range of Christmas jumpers!

What would feature on your perfect Christmas jumper?

You Might Also Like
Erstwilder Kitschy Christmas Brooches
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great choices!❤️🤓

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cotton Christmas jumpers- they are much nicer than sweating in Acrylic!! Your choices are cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I did not know this store exists AND it ships to Australia! That is dangerous! I laughed at the Ross sweater! It's amazing and hilarious! I ADORE Christmas sweaters but they are very much out of the question here. Christmas day can often get to 40+ here and you wear as little clothing as you can hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig