Tuesday 3 December 2019

Christmas Bedroom Tour 2018


Last Christmas, in the chaos of the festive season, I never found the time to finish putting my Christmas Bedroom Tour post together to show you guys my Christmas decor. It seemed a shame to scrap a half-completed post, so I've kept it in my drafts all year to share this Christmas instead. I thought I'd kick off the festive season by looking back at how I decorated my bedroom for Christmas last December, and then I can get working on putting together this year's post- hopefully before next Christmas comes around!

I always decorate my bedroom for Christmas as I spend so much time on bed rest with my chronic pain, and don't often make it downstairs to enjoy the main decorations. I don't like to miss out on the festive cheer and pretty fairy lights just because I'm stuck in bed, so I always turn my bedroom in to a winter wonderland, too. My room may look like Christmas threw up on it, but the decorations make me happy each December, so I don't care.


Last year, I mostly decorated with colourful and kitsch decorations, and left the more traditional red, green, and white decorations packed away. I never actually decorate with a theme for Christmas; I just bring out my favourite ornaments year after year as I'm sentimental all the way when it comes to Christmas decor. It just so happens that most of my personal Christmas decorations are colourful, kitsch, and / or mid-century style as those are my favourites right now.

I bought a little tree and some white lights from Tesco last year, and dressed it with my favourite vintage-style ornaments, and a handful of vintage decorations my parents bought when they first set up home together in the seventies. They've always been some of my favourites from our family Christmas ornaments, so I borrowed a few to use last year. I still need to buy a tree topper and some kind of garland for my tree, but I never seem to get around to it.


Around the tree, I displayed tiny colourful baubles in glass jars, a few bottle brush trees from Hobbycraft, and a couple of my kitsch fifties-style Bambi deer from Paperchase, which I bought last year and absolutely love. I also sat the white wooden house I made beside it, which has festive backgrounds in some of the nooks, and housed my Christmas brooches and pins, along with a few little festive ornaments.


I wrapped last year's presents in mid-century style wrapping paper from Cath Kidston, a mix of baubles, robins, and snowmen, and embellished them with ribbons and jingle bells. I loved these designs, and I'm gutted Cath Kidston don't have Christmas wrapping paper this year.


My retro tea light holders were all from Cath Kidston several years ago. I bring them out each December, and feel all cosy as candles flicker from them while I'm watching a Christmas movie or reading a book.


Christmas decor isn't just confined to the tree in my house, I like to extend the festive cheer to my bedding as well. I have a few kitsch sets from George at ASDA from previous Christmases. This fifties deer set was new last year, and was so lovely to snuggle up under during December. I can't wait to dig this set out again this year; it's my favourite. ASDA have a similar set again this year here.


I displayed some of the Christmas hoop art I've made over the years on the old chimney breast in my room. I made them by framing festive fabrics in wooden embroidery hoops, and finishing the backs with circles of felt and a stitch. I never managed to get a decent photo of the entire display, so here's one from the year before when I began with less hoops.


On the back of my bedroom door, I hung up my Christmas novelty bags and festive patterned tote bags, and added in other bags in red and green. I then draped my The Snowmen fairy lights over the top.

Above my bookshelf, I hung paper snowflake decorations and a rainbow paper garland, and on my shelves I displayed Christmas books and movies, my little collection of light up decorations, some more kitsch fifties deer ornaments, and a selection of other Christmas decorations. I didn't get decent photos of this section as the daylight was terrible last December and this area of my room was too dark and shadowy, but I'll hopefully snap a few photos for this year's bedroom tour post instead. Here's another photo from the Christmas before.


There will have been a few other festive things dotted around my room that I've missed, but I think I'm going to leave it there.

You'll be able to see more of my decorations and what changes I've made to my Christmas bedroom decor this year in an up to date Christmas Bedroom Tour post really soon. (Hopefully before the month is through).

Do you decorate your bedroom for Christmas? Do you go for a theme or is it 'anything goes' in your house at Christmas?

You Might Also Like
Christmas Home Tours 2012201320142015
Christmas Bedroom Tours 201320142015, 2016
SHARE:

1 comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig