Thursday 6 December 2018

Erstwilder Kitschy Christmas Brooches


A couple of weeks ago, I showed you the fun new brooches I bought from Erstwilder's new Festive Splendour Christmas collection, and today I thought I'd give you a peek at the pieces I collected from last year's Kitschy Christmas range.



These four brooches are actually the very first Erstwilder brooches I ever treated myself to. I've been a big fan of Erstwilder for years, but I could never justify the International postage costs, and didn't discover a UK stockist for the Australian brand until March this year. So, when I finally found a UK stockist, and stumbled up on these beautiful Christmas designs on sale, I just couldn't help myself, and snapped a couple up straight away. I was so pleased with them, I ended up going back for two more, and I've been waiting impatiently to wear them all year! Now Christmas is finally here, you'd better believe that I've been wearing them to death since the 1st of December! Well, I had to make up for lost time, right?



First up is To Be Jolly, a kitsch green and white snow-draped Christmas tree brooch, and one of my favourites of the four. Decorating the Christmas tree with my family, and relaxing in the glow of fairy lights have always been two of my favourite parts of the festive season, so I just had to have this brooch in my collection to take a little of that joy with me wherever I go. This wonderfully kitsch tree is so gorgeous with branches in shades of mint, aquamarine, and forest green, each capped with a layer of glittery white snow, with a little brown trunk just visible beneath the lowest boughs. It's finished with a freckling of multi-coloured baubles (or are they supposed to be lights?), as every good tree should be, and it's the perfect statement piece for completing all those festive ensembles. It wouldn't be Christmas without a Christmas tree, after all. My Mum liked this one so much, I had to go back and buy one for her, too, or she would've stolen mine! (Currently available from: ErstwilderGlitterally, Kitty Kat, and The Midget Gem).


Next we have The Christmas Cardinal brooch, which features a red northern cardinal, nesting on a bed of holly. The cardinal isn't a creature I've ever associated with Christmas, and I've never seen it referenced in Christmas films or other media, but boy, does this glittery red bird look festive! It has a glittery scarlet body with a pearlescent ruby red wing, and a little diamond-shaped black face, and it's lying on a nest of mint and forest green leaves topped with red berries. It's so beautiful! I think they captured the unique little bird perfectly. I especially love the generous use of red and green; it's so festive and with those colours, it's perfect for almost every Christmas outfit, so he's already getting plenty of wear. If you're looking for a brooch that's a little different to your usual Christmas designs, I'd definitely recommend this one. (Currently available from: Glitterally, and The Midget Gem).



Up next is Mary's bells; a stunning pair of white and cream pearlescent bells, decorated with sparkly red, pink, and yellow flowers, dots, and squiggles, and topped with a big glittery aquarmarine bow. I love the choice of colours and resins used in this brooch, and how the glitter glistens like a diamond mind when the light hits it! It's such a pretty festive piece, but, at the same time, it doesn't look too Christmassy with non-festive outfits due to Erstwilder's choice of colours, and with the right outfit, it could definitely be worn for other occasions, such as weddings and christenings. You've gotta love a good versatile piece that allows you more wear for your money, instead of limiting you to wearing it one month of the year. (Currently available from: Carnation Collectibles, ErstwilderGlitterally, Kitty Kat, and The Midget Gem).


Last but not least, we have Kiss Me Kindly, another of my favourites from the Kitschy Christmas collection, and a Christmas brooch I loved so much, I went out of my way to hunt it down, and paid full price for it- in March. Kiss Me Kindly is a big sprig of holly, with mint and forest green leaves and glittery red berries wrapped in a glittery white bow. This brooch screams Christmas to me, and it's another one that will go with just about every holiday ensemble. It's less 'out there' than most Erstwilder designs, too, so even if you aren't usually a fan of their jewellery, you may like this one if you love Christmas. It's quickly becoming one of my favourite Erstwilder brooches of all time! (Currently available from: Clovis By Meiken, and Kinks and Quirks).

If you're outside the UK and want to hunt the brooches down in your country, you can find a list of Erstwilder stockists around the world here.

There are many more designs still available from the collection, so if you like these, you can also check out the rest of the Kitschy Christmas range here.

Do you have any pieces from last year's Erstwilder Christmas collection? Which are your favourites?

You Might Also Like
Erstwilder Out of Africa Brooches
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I hadn't heard of Erstwilder, by oh my they're beautiful! My favourite is Mary's Bells, I love anything pearlescent and it's just stunning. Forget about wearing them from 1st December, wear these all year round!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig