Monday 17 December 2018

My Christmas Bucket List


I still have lots of festive content to share with you this Christmas, but as I still need to take photos for the rest of my posts, I thought it would be fun to talk about some of the things I've always wanted to do during the holidays. 

I've put together a Christmas bucket list of all the things I'd love to experience at Christmas time before I die. From visiting Christmas markets in Europe to travelling by dog sled through a snow-draped landscape, my Christmas bucket list is made up of a variety of fun and festive aspirations that I hope to achieve one day. Many of them will likely go unfulfilled as they're a little out there, but it doesn't hurt to dream, and I'm hopeful one day I'll be able to cross a few of them off my list.


Here's my Christmas bucket list.

1. Experience Christmas in New York City.
2. See the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.
3. Ice skate in Central Park.
4. Visit Lapland.
5. See snow fall on Christmas Day.
6. Go to Hogwarts in the Snow at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
7. Experience an American Christmas.
8. Take a trip abroad to some European Christmas markets.
9. Take a horse-drawn carriage or sleigh ride in the snow.
10. Go sledding in Scandinavia.
11. Bake and decorate Christmas cookies. I don't think I ever have!
12. Decorate the outside of my house with lights. We've never had more than a candle arch in the window.
13. Go see The Nutcracker on stage.
14. Hang stockings over the fire place. We always used to lay them on the sofas for Santa on Christmas Eve, and now we rarely even use them.
15. Try stollen, panettone, mulled wine, and mince pies. I haven't had mince pies since I was a kid, and wonder if I would like them now.
16. Build a snowman at Christmas time.
17. Travel by dog sled in the snow.
18. Pet a reindeer.
19. Visit a palace or stately home dressed for Christmas.
20. Go Christmas shopping in NYC.


21. Experience the Christmas Season in Disney World / Land.
22. Go skiing.
23. Spend it somewhere with deep snow, icicles, and ice crystals.
24. Stay in a log cabin with a roaring log life.
25. See something festive at Carnegie Hall or Radio City Music Hall in NYC.
26. Make a gingerbread house.
27. Make my own candy canes. I remember seeing some being made on Kirstie's Handmade Christmas years ago, and it looked like fun.
28. Stay in a glass-ceilinged igloo somewhere I can watch the Northern Lights.
29. Visit an ice hotel.
30. Cut down my own Christmas tree.
31. Experience Christmas somewhere hot like Australia to see how Christmas differs in the summer time / in a warm climate.
32. Explore some Christmas markets in London.
33. Make my own Christmas stockings.
34. Help out at an animal rescue centre over the festive period.
35. Experience Christmas in Cornwall.
36. Learn how to cook a full turkey dinner.
37. Take a tour bus around London after dark to see the Christmas lights.
38. Have a family snowball fight on Christmas Day.
39. Master all kinds of different Christmas crafts.
40. Spend Christmas Day with a house-full of people. I haven't spent it with anyone but my immediate family since I was in primary school, and while our introverted Christmases are perfect, I like the idea of having a bustling house full of family on Christmas Day. At least for a few hours, when I'd probably start wishing I was home alone again.

And those are all the festive things I would love to do one day! I'm sure there are many more I've forgotten, but that's everything I could think of off the top of my head.

So, tell me: what's at the top of your Christmas bucket list?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig