Friday 25 December 2020

Merry Christmas!

After weeks of shopping for the perfect gifts, wrapping presents, putting up decorations, baking tasty treats, and having pity Christmas parties for one because we can't go to real ones, we've finally made it to what will hopefully be the most wonderful day of the year. It's Christmas!

It might look a little different for many of us this year thanks to Covid restrictions, lockdowns, and Boris Johnson cutting Christmas right back at the last minute. We might not be able to spend it with our extended families and friends, go out for Christmas lunch, take festive holidays overseas, or even go to church, (if those are traditions you observe) but I hope you're able to have a fantastic Christmas despite any changes you've had to make to your traditions this year. We all deserve to have a wonderful Christmas after the year we've all lived through- even if  it's just sitting on the sofa stuffing our faces with cake while watching feel-good Christmas movies with our pets.

Christmas Day should be a pretty normal affair in our house because we only ever spend it at home, just the six of us, and I'm so grateful for that right now.  My sister and brother-in-law will be joining us for the day, and I'm looking forward to every minute of it. After a busy month preparing for the holidays, I can't wait to finally take it easy, spend time with my family, enjoy some good food, watch lots of festive movies, dress my dog up in a Christmas jumper, and maybe even push the boat out and play a few board games before I crawl back in to bed to recover. I can't wait for some normality to help me forget about the pandemic for a day.  

I'll be back to tell you all about my Christmas in a few days, but until then, I hope you have a fantastic Christmas- or a lovely day if you don't celebrate it. Don't let the Corona Virus stop you from enjoying it. It doesn't deserve the satisfaction. 

However you're spending it, I hope you get spoiled rotten, have fun, eat your body weight in roast potatoes and chocolate, enjoy a few drinks, and find plenty of time to relax and recharge. You deserve it!     

Merry Christmas, everyone!                                                                    

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig