Saturday 5 December 2020

The Christmas Day Tag

I came across this tag post about Christmas Day on Becc4's blog, and thought it would be fun to have a go, and share my answers with you guys.

If you'd like to know how I'll be spending Christmas this year, what I'll be eating, or what I hope to find under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning, keep reading!

1. What time do you wake up?

These days, I'm generally awake by 8:30am at the latest. I don't like sleeping any later on Christmas as I feel like I've wasted the day, and I like to enjoy as much of it as possible. (Plus my Mum will come wake us up if we dare sleep in)! Haha!

2. Where will you be spending the day?

I'll be spending Christmas Day at home with my family as usual. I haven't spent Christmas anywhere else since I was really young, so thankfully we're not having to make any major changes to our Christmas celebrations because of Covid. I might also spend the evening at my sister and brother-in-law's for drinks and board games, but it'll depend on whether I have the pain tolerance to move after a full day out of bed. (I probably won't).

3. What will you be wearing?

I haven't got an outfit picked out yet, but most likely a Lyra dress from Lady Vintage with a pair of leggings, and a Christmas Erstwilder brooch. I'll look dressed up, while still being comfortable, and having plenty of room to accommodate all that food. That's just for the day time, though; if I don't spend the evening at my sister's, I'm planning to be back in my Christmas PJs by 6pm! Gotta stay comfortable!

4. What games will you be playing?

I'm hoping to fit in a game of Monopoly or Trivial Pursuit after Christmas lunch. You just can't beat the classics! I'm sure I'll also be logging on to Animal Crossing to enjoy the festivities, too.

5. What will you be eating?

For breakfast, I'll probably have croissants (supplemented with a couple of Cadbury Roses throughout the morning, naturally), while the rest of the family tuck in to bacon sandwiches, which I can't stand. We then sit down for Christmas lunch around 1-2pm and have a turkey roast with all the trimmings. This usually includes sage and onion stuffing made with sausage meat, roast and mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots, broccoli, parsnips, sweet potato or butternut squash, swede, peas, and sometimes also a ham, Yorkshire puddings and / or pigs in blankets. For dessert, we'll usually have a choice of my Mum's apple pie, my blackberry and apple trifle, or my sister's chocolate squidgy log. We'll then fall in to a food coma for a couple of hours, but somehow manage to graze on chocolates and savoury nibbles during the afternoon, and have turkey sandwiches and cake for tea late evening if we're hungry. 

6. What will you be drinking?

I might have a glass of something festive like Buck's Fizz, but I'm not really supposed to drink on my painkillers, so I have to be boring and stick to soft drinks. I'm sure I'll find room for a hot chocolate or two over the holidays, though.

7. What will you be watching?

I haven't planned my festive viewing, but we love to enjoy the classics like Santa Claus the Movie, The Muppets Christmas Carol, and The Snowman in our house on Christmas Day. We also usually end up watching whatever Disney movie is on, and old family favourites like Mary Poppins and The Wizard of Oz. In the evening, I like to enjoy festive TV specials like Gavin and Stacey and The Vicar of Dibley, and usually watch a film or two, like The Holiday or Love Actually- or whatever blockbuster film is on TV that night. I've no idea what's on this year yet.

8. What do you hope to find under the tree on Christmas Day?

There isn't really anything I'm hoping to receive this Christmas. I'd love some new books or Erstwilder brooches, but I'll be happy to just have a lovely Christmas with my family. A cure for the Corona Virus would also be nice.

9. Who will you be spending the day with?

I'll be spending the day at home with my parents, my younger sister, and our dog, Rosie, and my older sister and brother-in-law will be joining us with their dog, Mia, as usual, too. We don't spend Christmas Day with our extended family (we always visit before or after the 25th), so it should be a fairly normal Christmas for us.

10. When will you be opening your presents?

We always open presents in the morning as soon as we're all up. These days, that's usually around 8-9am. We then exchange presents with my older sister and brother-in-law a little later in the morning when they visit for the day.

And that is my Christmas Day in a nut shell.

I tag... anyone who wants to give The Christmas Day Tag a go! I'd love to read your answers, so leave me your links if you decide to take part on your blog!

What are your plans for Christmas Day this year?

You Might Also Like

The Cracking Christmas Tag

The Christmas Tag

Would You Rather: Christmas Edition

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig