Saturday 4 December 2021

The Christmas Book Tag

As a big old bookworm and lover of all things Christmas, I've enjoyed reading The Christmas Book Tag on a few blogs this Christmas, and have decided I have to give it a go myself.

If you'd like to know if I have any Christmas book traditions, what Christmas books I'd recommend, or what my favourite Christmas scene in a book is, keep reading to find out.

What is your favourite Christmas scene in a book?

Probably the scene in Little Women when Beth is given her piano by Mr Lawrence after recovering from scarlet fever, and Mr. March comes home from the war. It never fails to give me all the feels.

Do you have any Christmas book traditions?

Not really, but I've started trying to read A Christmas Carol every year.

Do you prefer to get presents of book vouchers or books?

Oh, that's a hard one. I love receiving books as presents, but it is nice to be able to go book shopping, and pick out books for myself that I know I'll enjoy. Either way, I get new books, so I'm happy.

Do you give books as presents?

I do. With a lot of book lovers in my family, I often buy books as presents, and have done again this year. I especially love finding beautiful editions of books to give as presents.

What bookish item is on your Christmas wishlist?

I can't think of any bookish things I want right now, but some new bookmarks would be lovely as all but one of mine have disappeared.

What three books would you love Santa to have in his sack for you?

1. A beautiful hardback of Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber.

2. The Barnes and Noble edition of Stephen King's The Stand.

3. I'd love the Little Women set from Juniper Books, as they're beautiful and I haven't read the other books in the series, but I hope Santa's feeling generous this year as I haven't found it cheaper than £120 in the UK.

Fake Christmas tree or real Christmas tree?

We have a fake tree in the living room, and I have a small real one in my bedroom, so I get the best of both worlds. I want to say 'real trees are best', as you can't beat the smell of the pine needles, but then again, fake trees look pretty realistic these days, don't drop needles, and don't irritate my skin, so they're becoming more and more appealing each time I get a needle in my bare foot, and come out in a rash decorating a real tree...

What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

There are so many things I love about Christmas, but I think spending some quality time with my family, and sitting down to a meal together as we only do that a couple of times a year. I also really love all the pretty fairy lights and decorations, the music and the films, and all the yummy food.

What Christmas book would you recommend?

If you want to get in to the Christmas spirit, read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, A Literary Christmas Anthology, and Noel Streatfeild's Christmas Stories. Follow the links for reviews.

What dish on your Christmas menu are you most looking forward to?

I'm already looking forward to my brother-in-law's goose fat roast potatoes during Christmas dinner. They're to die for. Forget the turkey, I just want all the potatoey goodness.

When do you open your Christmas presents?

We open our presents as soon as we're all awake on Christmas morning- usually about 8am these days- and then my sister and brother-in-law will arrive around 11am-12pm, and we'll exchange gifts together, too.

What's your favourite Christmas song?

It's impossible to pick just one! There are so many Christmas tunes that I love, and I have hundreds in my music library. A few all time favourites that come to mind are:

♥ Last Christmas by Wham.

♥ I Believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake.

♥ A Spaceman Came Travelling by Chris de Burgh.

♥ Step in to Christmas by Elton John.

♥ Mary's Boy Child by Boney M.

♥ All Alone on Christmas by Darlene Love.

♥ It's Only Christmas by Ronan Keating.

♥ Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson.

And that's only a handful of them.

I basically love the Christmas songs I grew up on in the 80s and 90s most. New Christmas songs rarely ever compare.

Are you dreaming of a white Christmas?

I love snow, so I'd love a white Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath. I've only ever seen one white Christmas, back in 2010, when we had snow and freezing temperatures for weeks from about November. It didn't actually snow on the day, but we had about a foot on the ground and it was like a winter wonderland. It was really unusual for South East England, so I doubt it'll happen again any time soon. It doesn't hurt to dream, though.

And that's The Christmas Book Tag.

I tag... anyone who wants to take part! If you decide to give this tag a go, make sure you send me a link to your post as I'd love to read your answers.

What's your favourite Christmas book?

You Might Also Like

A Christmas Tag

The Winterlicious Tag

The Christmas Day Tag

The Cracking Christmas Tag

The Christmas Tag

Would You Rather: Christmas Edition

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Not a big reader :-| But now my daughter has started nursery, gonna have to start reading her books to her! She never showed interest before no matter how hard I tried.

    I do have Mindhunter (the book based on the TV show) in the Amazon basket so really want to get it as enjoyed the show soooo much. Not really a Christmas Book but hey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people just aren't readers, I guess, but hopefully reading to her will get you both in to it as you're missing a treat! I've so many fond memories of reading when I was little. You should definitely treat yourself to it; it could be a New Year's goal for you for 2022!

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig