Wednesday 1 December 2021

50 Things I Want To Do This Christmas

Happy 1st of December!

I can't believe the festive season is officially here. It only feels like two minutes since the last one. This year has gone so fast.

Naturally, I'm already in full blown Christmas mode, and am busy trying to get everything ready for an awesome Christmas with my family. I've already started listening to Christmas music and rewatching my favourite Christmas movies, and I can't wait to enjoy all the other fun festive things that make December so magical.

There are so many things I want or need to do before the 25th, from wrapping presents to decorating Christmas cookies, so I've made a to-do-list to encourage myself to check off as many of my goals as I can.

Here's 50 things I want to do this Christmas.

1. Decorate the tree and my home for Christmas with my family.

2. Buy a little Christmas tree for my bedroom.

3. Put up Christmas decorations in my bedroom.

4. Finish my Christmas shopping.

5. Wrap Christmas presents as beautifully as I can. (I've already made a start using the cutest pink gingerbread house gift wrap).

6. Send any Christmas presents that need sending.

7. Write and send my Christmas cards.

8. Make this year's Christmas crackers.

9. Sew a Christmas embroidery.

10. Finish the Christmas cross stitches I'm working on.

11. Finally make the Christmas snow globe kit I've had for about six years.

12. Dig out my paints and do some Christmas water colouring to destress.

13. Put together this year's Christmas Eve box.

14. Open my Advent calendars every day of Advent.

15. Have at least one Christmas movie marathon.

16. Watch some festive TV specials.

17. Listen to lots of Christmas tunes.

18. Read The Penguin Book of Christmas Stories.

19. Read A Merry Christmas & Other Christmas Stories by Louisa May Alcott.

20. Reread A Christmas Carol.

21. Play board games on Christmas Day.

22. Make my Animal Crossing island look super festive. 

23. Blog as much festive content as possible. (I've already got several posts finished and scheduled already)!

24. Make my Instagram feed and stories look festive.

25. Light Christmas-scented candles every night.

26. Go to Bourton-on-the-Water's Christmas lights event, or if we miss it, go another night to see the lights and browse the gift shops in the town.

27. Go to my town's Christmas lights switch-on.

28. Visit the Appleton Christmas Barn near Abingdon in Oxfordshire. (It's a little Christmas tree farm with a barn converted in to a Christmas shop, and a couple of reindeer to see. They always have the loveliest decorations to choose from).

29. Spend a day at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour for Hogwarts in the Snow.

30. Browse the Christmas department at a local garden centre.

31. Buy at least one new Christmas decoration.

32. Go on a drive to spot Christmas lights.

33. Go out for hot chocolate.

34. Try a mince pie. (I never liked them as a child, so I haven't eaten one since I was little. I wonder if I might actually like them now, so I need to do a taste test to find out).

35. Make my Blackberry and Apple Trifle on Christmas Eve. (I've been making one every Christmas for about fifteen years).

36. Make a new dessert. (To pacify my little sister who is sick to death of my trifle).

37. Make Christmas cookies.

38. Make Christmas cupcakes.

39. Make a yule log.

40. Put together a dessert charcuterie board for our Christmas Eve buffet.

41. Have chocolate fondue while watching Christmas movies with the family.

42. Put together a shoe box parcel for a homeless person.

43. Donate to a food bank.

44. Wear the shit out of my Christmas brooches.

45. Buy at least one new Christmas brooch.

46. Buy a Christmas dress.

47. Open presents with my dog. (Rosie loves tearing open presents and getting new toys as much as a small child, so it's like opening presents with a furry toddler. She gets so excited and her reaction is so cute that it's become one of my favourite parts of Christmas Day).

48. Dress my dog ​​up in a Christmas jumper. (I'm not a dog owner who dresses her dog up all the time, but it has to be done at Christmas time).

49. Enjoy Christmas dinner with the family.

50. Take lots of photos and videos.

And those are some of the things I hope to do this Christmas.

I'm probably being a little too optimistic with that to-do-list, but there's always so much to do at Christmas time, and I like to fit in as much festive cheer as possible before the season is over for another year. I'm not putting any pressure on myself to cross off all of the goals- although, there are some, like finishing my Christmas shopping and wrapping presents, I'll be stressing about getting done until I do- but I'm going to try to cross off as many of them as possible.

Wish me luck!

What's at the top of your to-do list this Christmas?

You Might Also Like

SHARE:

2 comments

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig