Thursday 1 December 2022

50 Things I Want To Do This Christmas

It's the first of December, so that means the countdown to Christmas is officially on, and things are going to turn festive here for the next few weeks. 

I'm going to kick off the yuletide fun with a list of festive goals I've set myself for the month. 50 of them, to be exact. There are so many things I need and want to do before Christmas arrives, from decorating my home for Christmas to wrapping presents, and going to a Christmas market to making Christmas cookies, so if you're looking for some ideas for what to do this Christmas, you should find plenty of ideas here.

Here's 50 things I want to do this Christmas:

1. Buy a little Christmas tree for my bedroom.

2. Put up decorations in my bedroom.

3. Decorate my home for Christmas

4. Finish my Christmas shopping. (I still have quite a few gifts to buy, but I'm getting there).

5. Finish wrapping Christmas presents. (I began wrapping presents in November to take some of the pressure off this month, so I've actually got most of them wrapped already. Go me)!

6. Write this year's Christmas cards, and get them sent early.

7. Complete the Christmas cross stitch projects I'm working on. (I'm currently stitching these Christmas baubles from Satsuma Street, but on white aida).

8. Finally make the DIY snowglobe I was given that's been waiting to be made for about seven years... (I must get around to it this year).

9. Read The Penguin Book of Christmas Stories.

10. Read A German Christmas: Festive Tales from Berlin to Bavaria.

11. Read Midnight in Everwood by M.A. Kuzniar. (Apparently, it's loosely based on The Nutcracker).

12. Reread Little Women.

13. Have at least one Christmas movie marathon. (Who am I kidding? I'll have lots of them)!

14. Watch at least one Christmas film I've never seen before.

15. Make a new Christmas playlist and listen to lots of Christmas tunes.

16. Play board-games with my family on Christmas Day.

17. Go to my town's Christmas lights switch-on. (I haven't made it in years).

18. Visit Bourton-on-the-Water's Christmas lights switch-on- or if I miss it, visit the town one evening to see the lights and do some Christmas shopping.

19. Take a trip to the Appleton Christmas Barn. (It's a little Christmas tree farm near Abingdon in Oxfordshire with a barn converted in to a Christmas shop and some reindeer to see. They always have the loveliest decorations, so my sister and I go every year).

20. Go to the Warner Bros. Harry Potter studio tour for Hogwarts in the Snow. (I've wanted to go for years, but still haven't made it).

21. Visit Longleat Safari Park for The Festival of Light Christmas light trail. (Apparently, this year it's Roald Dahl themed).

22. Go to a Christmas market. (I'm not sure I've even ever been to one).

23. Browse the Christmas department at a local garden centre or department store.

24. Go Christmas shopping in person to soak up the festive atmosphere.

25. Go out for hot chocolate. (Preferably at Hotel Chocolat because yum).

26. Go out for a festive meal.

27. Go book shopping and chose at least one new book to read over Christmas. (I'd love to make this one a new tradition).

28. Take a drive to spot Christmas lights.

29. Buy at least one new Christmas decoration.

30. Bake and decorate Christmas cookies.

31. Bake and ice Christmas cupcakes.

32. Make a yule log.

33. Put together a sweet festive charcuterie board for our Christmas Eve buffet.

34. Make my Blackberry and Apple trifle on Christmas Eve.

35. Buy a box of Christmas doughnuts for the family to enjoy.

36. Try a mince pie. (I haven't eaten one since I was little, when I didn't like them, and I'm curious as to whether I might like them now).

37. Craft some homemade Christmas crackers for our Christmas meal.

38. Put together festive table favours for Christmas dinner. (I might make it simple and just buy everyone a Chocolate Santa this year).

39. Dig out the paints and destress with a Christmas colouring book.

40. Make a Christmas pom pom wreath in the shape of a star. (I've had the wreath frame for a few years, and still haven't got around to making it).

41. Take photos of my dog dressed up for Christmas. (Because she will get dressed up for Christmas)!

42. Enjoy the festivities on Animal Crossing, and make my island look super festive.

43. Put together a Christmas Eve box to enjoy as we wind-down for Christmas.

44. Add lots of Christmas photos to Instagram to make my grid and Stories look festive.

45. Blog Christmas content as often as I can.

46. Treat myself to a new dress to wear on Christmas Day.

47. Buy a new pair of Christmas pyjamas to wear on Christmas morning.

48. Open presents with my dog. (Rosie loves opening presents, and gets so excited on Christmas morning. It's really cute)!

49. Donate to a foodbank. (Christmas is going to be tough for a lot of people this year, thanks to the Cost of Living crisis, so it's more important to donate than ever. I don't have much to spare myself, but I hope next time I'm at the supermarket I can donate a little for those who have it worse).

50. Put together a shoe-box parcel for a homeless person. (I can't imagine how hard it must be living out on the cold streets, especially while everyone around you is going home to a safe, warm house laden with shopping bags filled with presents and indulgent food, completely oblivious. I can't help thinking about it, and if I can make someone's Christmas a little brighter by gifting a parcel full of treats and essentials, why wouldn't I)?

I'm definitely being a little too ambitious with my to-do-list this month, and it's unlikely I'll achieve everything on the list, but I'm going to have fun trying to cross off as many of them as I can. Wish me luck!

What festive activities are you most looking forward to doing this Christmas?

You Might Also Like

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig