Saturday 3 December 2022

The Festive Christmas Book Tag

I found this fun bookish Christmas tag post a couple of years ago, and it's been sat in my drafts ever since, so I think it's time I gave it a go. There are eight festive book-related questions, and it was originally created by the Booktuber GirlReading. 

1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with.

I think it would be so much fun to spend Christmas with the Weasely family at The Burrow, although, Christmas with the March family at Orchard House would be lovely, too.

2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift

Sprayed-edged books, bookmarks inspired by my favourite books, or custom Funko Pops of Jacks the Prince of Hearts or Nikolai Lantsov would go down very well with me. Or, y'know, just a big stack of new books.

3. A fictional character you think would make a perfect Christmas elf.

Trying to avoid saying the obvious one- 'Dobby', I think Nikolai Lantsov from the Shadow and Bone / King of Scars books would make an excellent Christmas elf. He loves to invent and build things, the demon inside him could help keep kids in line around Santa, and let's face it, he'd look adorable adjusting his lapels in an elf suit. 

4. Match a book to its perfect Christmas song

I think Every Christmas Eve from the Santa Claus the Movie soundtrack would go perfectly with the first Christmas Eve scene in Little Women, when Marmee and the girls all settle around the fire to read the letter from Mr March, and are trying not to be sad that they're poor and not together.

5. Bah humbug! A book or fictional character you've been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list.

Apollo from The Ballad of Never After. Considering what he did at the end of the book, he deserves to be be pelted with coal, and force-fed Brussels sprouts until the end of time. As should Stratt from Project Hail Mary for what she did to Ryland Grace. 

6. A book or fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserves to be put on the nice list.

Jacks the Prince of Hearts from the Caraval and Once upon a Broken Hearts books. Yes, he can kill people with his kiss, and manipulates people to get what he wants, but underneath, he's got a gentle side, and doesn't hesitate to put himself in danger to save people he cares about. The poor guy has been through so much, and just wants to be loved, but he can't have it because his (supposed) one-true-love- the only girl he can't kill with his kiss- chose another, and his kiss will kill the girl he actually loves. (He definitely loves her, don't try to convince me otherwise). And after what happened at the end of The Ballad of Never After, I think he could do with a hug, and some presents. Maybe a gift card for some therapy, or a cure for his curses so he can go get his girl?

7. Red, gold, and green. A book cover that has a wonderfully Christmassy feel to it.

I have a beautiful soft-green hardback of The Way Past Winter by Kiran Millwood Hargrave (this one), and it looks so wintry and festive.

8. A book or series you loved so much, you want everyone to find under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it, and love it, too?

I've read so many great books this year, so this is a tough one. I can't pick just one.

For people who love a good fantasy series, I'd tell Santa to bring them the Shadow and Bone / Six of Crows / King of Scars books by Leigh Bardugo, which are all fantastic fantasy trilogies or duologies set in the same magical world. I loved them all so much, that I devoured all seven books in under two months, and became completely obsessed- especially with Nikolai, who is one of the best book characters ever. There's now a graphic novel prequel called The Demon in the Wood, and the two companion books are worth reading, as well.

For those who prefer stand-alone books, I'd gift Dark Matter by Blake Crouch, Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir, The Cruel Prince by Holly Black, or The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber. They're easily four of my favourite reads of 2022, and you need to read them.

And that's The Festive Christmas Book Tag.

Feel free to have a go at the tag on your own blog. If you do, remember to send me the link to your post so I can read your answers!

Which book(s) do you love so much you'd gift it to everyone this Christmas?

You Might Also Like

Puffin Classics A Christmas Carol Book Review

A Literary Christmas: An Anthology Book Review   

Noel Streatfeild's Christmas Stories Book Review      

Christmas to Color by Mary Tanana: Adult Christmas Colouring Book Review   

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig