Thursday 31 October 2019

Erstwilder Halloween Jewellery 2019


Happy Halloween!

I hope you're all having a spooktacular day. Are you doing anything fun to celebrate fright night? 

I'm just going to carve a pumpkin, and spend the evening watching Halloween movies with a few sweets. I'm so boring! Haha!

Anyway, last month, I finally added my first Halloween-themed accessories to my Erstwilder jewellery collection. 

I've long admired Erstwilder's Halloween collections, and the spooky offerings from countless other quirky jewellery brands, but with Christmas presents to buy, I never seem to be able to justify a treat at this time of year. Then Erstwilder released their Out of the Shadows Halloween collection last month- the first of three Halloween collections for 2019- and the designs were all so irresistible, I couldn't hold back any longer. I had to get my hands on at least one of the brooches (although I had my eye on many), and I also picked up two pairs of stud earrings from the Halloween Essentials range at the same time. I'm here to give you a closer look at them today.


First up, is my very first Halloween brooch, Patch the Pumpkin Pup. I fell in love with it the moment I first saw a preview on Erstwilder's Instagram page. It's so different to all the usual Halloween designs, with a scruffy black Scottie dog standing up against a Jack o' lantern, and I knew I had to have him. It's the perfect mix of cute and creepy. Patch is made from a gorgeous dark grey marbled resin, and I love how the swirls in the resin, along with the way the resin has been cut so intricately, give the impression of a shaggy coat. He's adorable, especially how he's standing playfully on his back legs against the pumpkin, which is made from the most beautiful orange and yellow marbled resin. It really is the cutest Halloween brooch I've ever seen, and I know I'll be wearing it time and time again for many years to come. You'd better believe it's pinned to my dress today! Unfortunately Patch seems to be sold out everywhere online in the UK, but you can find it via Rocklily Wombats in Australia here.

I also treated myself to a couple of pairs of earrings from the Halloween Essentials range, which was released on the same day. The Halloween Essentials included star, moon, and circle-shaped studs in a range of Halloween colours and textures, and I chose the marbled yellow crescent moons, and marbled orange circle studs


The crescent moons are my favourite. Not only are they the perfect shape for Halloween, they're made from the prettiest yellow resins. As each resin is unique, the earrings are mismatched, which I know isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I personally love the mismatched look. One is a dark ochre, and the other a much paler shade of yellow. I'm wearing them today with my Patch the Pumpkin Pup Brooch.

The orange circle studs are also made from beautiful marbled resin, and the orange and yellow marbling makes them look like little planets or suns. Like the crescent moons, the circle studs are mismatched, which definitely adds some personality to any outfit. Unfortunately, I wasn't as wowed by this pair as I'd hoped. They're beautiful, but they just don't suit my skin tone, so I may pass these on to someone else at some point. It's a shame as I fell head over heels in love with them online, but it's not the end of the world at just £5.75 a pair.

I know Halloween is almost over for another year, but if you want to pick up a piece or two for next year, you'll be glad to know many of the pieces are still available to buy. You can find the Out of the Shadows collection on Erstwilder's website here, and the Halloween Essentials range here. If you're outside Australia, you'll find a list of stockists here, including many in the UK, which could save you a small fortune on international postage and import charges.

I'd still love to get my hands on the Raven Mad Brooch, and Take a Bite Serpent Brooch, which I'm hoping to collect soon, but I'm holding off until I see this year's Christmas collection. I know I'm likely to want the entire festive collection!

Have you bought anything from this year's Erstwilder Halloween collections? 

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig