Monday 2 November 2020

Erstwilder Bone Brigade and Kitschy Witch Jewellery Review

Hey guys,

How was your Halloween? Did you do anything to celebrate, even though our options were limited by Covid this year?

I spent most of Halloween in bed with a nasty migraine, watching Hocus Pocus with some Haribo Starmix and Halloween Krispy Kremes, and enjoying the Halloween event on Animal Crossing with the screen turned down. Despite the migraine, I actually had a really lovely Halloween, even if I didn't actually manage to carve a pumpkin this year. I'm all about appreciating the little things right now.

I had planned to bring you this post on Saturday, but I didn't get the photos I needed until the last minute, and then couldn't bear the light of my laptop screen to edit them and finish off the post on time. I've decided to go ahead and post it anyway, so I hope you won't mind me bringing you Halloween content a couple of days late. 

Either way, I'm here to show you the latest creepy cute additions to my Erstwilder jewellery collection.

Erstwilder released three amazing Halloween collections this year; a collaboration with Kitschy Witch Designs, a collection of simple Halloween Essentials earrings, and the return of everyone's favourite skeleton critters, the Bone Brigade. I snapped up at least one piece from each collection, and it's time for the reveal.

My first pick from the pumpkin patch, was Hair-Raising Hal, a vintage-inspired pumpkin man from the incredible Kitschy Witch collection. Hal is a dapper little chap all dressed up for the Halloween ball in a white ruffed collar, purple shirt, black and gold star print trousers, and a matching party hat. He's made from the glossiest resins, and oozes vintage Halloween charm. He should be creepy AF, being a pumpkin man, an' all, but he's the cutest little fellow I've ever seen. I can't get enough of him and wore him on Halloween this year with a pair of pumpkin studs. Hal sadly sold out super quickly online, but his date to the Halloween ball, Eerie Eve, is still available, and she's adorable, too.

Alongside the Kitschy Witch collection, Erstwilder released a range of Halloween-themed Essentials earrings with studs and drop earrings in simple Halloween shapes like pumpkins, crescent moons, and cat faces. I got my hands on the orange pumpkin studs, which are made from the most amazing burnt orange marbled resin. They're big studs that are made to be noticed, and they're perfect for pairing with other Halloween accessories or wearing with autumnal pieces throughout autumn. The pumpkin studs also sold out in minutes, but you can find other Halloween Essential earrings here.

This Halloween also saw the return of the ever popular Bone Brigade for its third year, with old favourites in new colours, a few new designs, and a whole new range of enamel pins featuring designs from all of the Bones Brigade collections, new and old. There were several brooches I desperately wanted, but I could only really stretch to one piece at the time. In the end, I decided to buy three enamel pins instead so I could collect more of the designs I wanted, and chose my favourites- Doggo Darkness, Bunny Bones, and Frightful Fox. (The stockist I used, Daisy Park, accidentally sent me the frog pin, Haunted Hopper, instead of Bunny Bones, and let me keep it when my replacement hadn't turned up in almost a month. Thankfully, I did eventually get the bunny pin I ordered, so no harm done. At least I got a free pin for the inconvenience). 

The enamel pins are perfect miniature versions of the Bone Brigade brooches, with a different object relating to the animal included in each design. Bunny Bones has a carrot in her skeleton, Frightful Fox appears to have eaten a little marmalade bunny, Haunted Hopper has swallowed a blue fly, and Doggo Darkness has a hot pink bone. They're so cute! They've been made from gold metal and enamel, with cute pink heart-shaped rubber pin backs, and come presented on a black bone-print presentation card. They're perfect for pinning to jackets, pinafore dresses, and bags, and wearing alone, in a cluster, or paired with a Bones Brigade brooch. 

Of course, me being me, I decided I couldn't live without the Doggo Darkness brooch after all, and went back for him, too, and paid in installments. I'm hopeless! Haha! It's a brooch I've wanted since the first Bones Brigade collection, so I had to. I couldn't miss out on him again.

The Doggo Darkness brooch is a dachshund dog skeleton, made from glossy black and marbled white resins, with a pretty lilac bone beneath its chin. He's such a little cutie, and reminds me of the Funny Bones books and cartoon series I loved when I was little. (Does anyone remember them?) He was the perfect companion for Howl-oween and was let out to play a lot last week- but don't tell Rosie, or she'll get jealous.

There are still plenty of amazing designs from both the Kitschy Witch and Bone Brigade collections available from Erstwilder and their stockists, so be sure to give them a browse. Creepy accessories are for life and not just for Halloween! I'm certainly not ready to retire mine for another year just yet.

Did you collect anything from Erstwilder's Halloween collections this year?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig