Wednesday 19 August 2020

Erstwilder Art Nouveau Brooches


Over the last few months, I've added quite a few new brooches to my collection that I haven't yet blogged about. I've still got purchases from a few Erstwilder collections to show you, including the recent Care Bears and Woodlands collections, but first, I want to show you a couple of pieces from their recent Art Nouveau range.


Back in June, Erstwilder launched a beautiful eighteen piece Art Nouveau collection, inspired by the luxury and opulence of the late 19th century / early 20th century art movement. It featured a stunning mix of brooches, necklaces, and earrings in the distinct style, which is heavily inspired by the natural world, resulting in lots of animal designs and a generous use of greens, teals, and browns.

I couldn't afford to treat myself to much from this collection, but I bought one brooch on launch day, and paid for another in installments. I had hoped to get my hands on the peacock brooch, my favourite piece from the collection, but it sold out so fast I didn't stand a chance. Sad face. I commiserated myself with the frog brooch, and then went back for the seahorse brooch, after realising I couldn't live without it.

Who wants a closer look?


First up, is the frog brooch, a charming little critter called Leaps and Bounds. This little green amphibian has so much character and looks like he should be an illustration from a classic children's book. I love the pistachio green resin he's made from- it's shimmery and has a pink iridescent sheen. He also has one marbled evergreen leg with a golden shimmer, which is also used on the back of the brooch. Both resins are so pretty. I've worn Mr. Frog a couple of times already, and think he'll be perfect for pairing with autumn and Halloween-themed outfits, as well as anything nature-themed.


The other piece I bought from the collection was a seahorse brooch called Lovers Entwined. I've always loved seahorses, and I just couldn't resist this pair of loved up ocean steeds. It's so elegant and beautiful, and the way their tails are entwined is adorable. The smaller seahorse is made from an amazing iridescent cream resin with a pistachio and pink sheen, and the bigger seahorse is a fiery dark salmon. The best part is they both have a silver shimmer running through them, giving the brooch a discreet sparkle without looking childish or tacky. It's understated and elegant. I can't wait to wear the brooch on future trips to the seaside and to aquariums when the pandemic is finally over. I know I'll wear it to death on future holidays to Cornwall. (Is it crazy that I already know which brooches I'll pack for my next holiday to Cornwall? Who cares? I've built up a nice little collection of marine animal brooches that are perfect for the seaside, so it's a no-brainer).


Both brooches seem to be sold out everywhere now, so check eBay or Erstwilder fan resale pages if you want to hunt either of them down. There are some pieces from the Art Nouveau collection still available from Erstwilder and their stockists around the world, though, so if you like the Art Nouveau style, be sure to check them out.

Did you buy anything from Erstwilder's Art Nouveau collection? Which pieces are your favourites?

You Might Also Like

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig