Saturday 20 April 2013

Hot Pink Raccoons

Do you ever lie awake in bed at night, and completely out of nowhere, get an urge to try a couple of pieces in your wardrobe together? I sometimes do, and that's how today's outfit came to be.






A voice in my head told  me to try my hot pink asymmetric skirt, and raccoon print tee together.

I bought the raccoon print t-shirt from Dorothy Perkins in the New Year, but I had yet to wear it, as I didn't feel like I had the right skirt or trousers to wear with it. I don't have the perfect pair of jeans, and I don't own any block colour skirts- well, apart from this one.

Now that the weather is turning warmer and Spring is upon us, I felt like it was acceptable to dig out this summery skirt, and I quite like how the two pieces look together. The t-shirt is over sized, which really doesn't do a lot for my arms and shoulders, but it's not as bad tucked in. Ideally, I needed a size smaller, but beggars can't be fussy when they put off shopping until sale time.

The skirt is an asymmetric maxi from Matalan, which I bought last summer. It's stretchy and comfortable, but the jersey fabric is quite thin, so I had to pop a slip underneath from an ASOS dress.



I had to buy this t-shirt for the adorable raccoon print, especially since I missed out on the ASOS Curve shirt with a similar print last summer. I just cannot resist a quirky print.


I accessorised with the same four bracelets I wore in my last OOTD, my mint flower ring, and a pastel coloured necklace.


I bought this cute pastel coloured, beaded necklace from Accessorize a few summers ago. It also has a couple of colourful wooden parrots on it; I think it's so kitsch!


And I added the lilac skinny belt as a contrast against the hot pink. I recently bought it in the ASOS sale, but accidentally bought the wrong size (too big), but I couldn't be bothered with the fuss of returns and reordering, so I just added in some extra notches.

Outfit Details

T-shirt-Dorothy Perkins // Skirt-Matalan // Belt-ASOS Curve // Necklace-Accessorize // 
Ring-Local Shop // Rose Bracelet-Cath Kidston // Pearl Bracelets-Matalan // 
Pink Bracelet-Dorothy Perkins //

I like this outfit, and I definitely intend to pick up a few plain/block-coloured maxi skirts to wear this Summer to give this tee, and the rest of my patterned top collection a bit more wear.

How would you wear this t-shirt?

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This is an amazing outfit! It's really beautifully put together, You look lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Gemma :). Your cheque is in the mail. Haha! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the skirt and the t shirt is adorable! Raccoons look so cute but my friends in America tell me they're little buggers ;) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you. I guess they're the American equivalent of our badgers/foxes, but they're still cute little critters :)

      Delete
  3. I so love this! The raccoons and the colour of that skirt is amazing. You always have the best jewellery, too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah :). The skirt is so bright it's almost fluroescent. Aw thank you; I love my accessories but I hardly own any decent jewellery anymore. Can't wait for the day I can afford to build my collection back up xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig