Thursday 24 January 2013

What's in My Wash Bag?

I've just returned home from two weeks away at my sister's and had planned this little post for you whilst I was away, but we lost our Internet connection over the weekend so all the posts I'd planned had to be postponed. Thankfully I arrived home to a fully functioning Internet connection on Wednesday night, which is why I'm able to bring you this little post today.

I thought I'd show you what I packed in my wash bag for a couple of weeks at my sister's. This isn't a typical example of what's usually in my wash bag, as there were certain products I just borrowed from my sister, such as shampoo, conditioner, and toothpaste.


My wash bag was full to bursting when I packed it to bring home. There were a few additions that I picked up whilst I was away.


The wash bag is made of the most beautiful multi-coloured paisley and floral pattern I've ever seen. It's so pretty and colourful. It's by Catseye, and was available from the soft toy company Jellycat a few years ago, randomly enough. When I unpacked these from an order of Jellycat teddies at work, I just had to buy one before the customers snapped them all up.

This print should be reproduced for everything.

The contents of the wash bag emptied on to the bed.

This is everything that I squeezed in to  it.


1. Benefit Bene Tint lip and cheek stain (magazine freebie)
2. Benefit High Beam highlighter (magazine freebie)
3. Boots cucumber cleansing wipes (2 packs)
4. Various bandages, dressings, plasters, and mircroporous tape.
5. The Body Shop lightening touch concealer
6. Avon SuperCurlacious Mascara (magazine freebie)
7. Benefit Pore-fessional (another great freebie)
8. Lush Fantasy Eyeliner
9. The Body Shop vitamin E moisturiser
10. L'occitane cherry blossom hand cream
11. Sure deodorant
12. Painkillers
13. Glass nail file
14. B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful blusher brush
15. B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful eyeshadow brush
16. Britney Spears perfume 
17. Inglot nail enamel 024
18. Barry M Raspberry nail paint
19. Barry M Racing Green nail paint
20. Maxfactor max effects nail polish in Dazzling Blue
21. MUA Heaven and Earth eyeshadow palette
22. The Body Shop eye colour in Golden Meadow


I made sure to bring a couple of my favourite nail polishes, and also picked up the lovely little Maxfactor one whilst I was away. I'm still in love with both the Inglot 024 polish, and the Racing Green Barry M. 

I got the glass nail file in Camden, and it's the best nail file I've ever used. The glass nail files should in theory last a life time, and they're much kinder to the nails than ordinary emery boards.


I usually use a cleanser and a toner, but when I travel I usually just stick to cleansing wipes. These cucumber ones from Boots are the only ones which don't make my eyes run, and they remove make up and grime really well. I always pack my Body Shop vitamin E moisture cream to apply afterwards, as it's one of my daily essentials. I also packed a little pot of cherry blossom hand cream to look after my hands, as well. It's one of my favourite fragrances. I also have a Sure deodorant, and a bottle of Britney perfume which my sister gave to me as she had two.


I couldn't travel without some make up to hand, but I kept things simple and packed very light. I wasn't expecting to venture out in public much. 

For me, a good mascara and an under eye concealer are essentials in my make up back; I feel much more human when my lashes are defined and my dark circles are disguised. I'm currently loving Benefit's Bene Tint, High Beam, and The Pore-fessinal which were all freebies with magazines. I'm so impressed with all three I will buy the full sized when I've used them up. I packed a few eyeshadows to play with, including my new gold Lush eyeliner 'Fantasy', and just a couple of my beautiful brushes to do the basics. I normally pack much more colourful shadows.


My wash bag also contained a very boring selection of bandages and dressing materials, so I can take care of my battered big toe; and some painkillers to kill some pain.


And that's everything that was in my wash bag.

I hope you've enjoyed this post.

What do you pack in your wash bags when you're away from home?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig