Monday 1 October 2018

The Jane Austen Collection From Arcturus Books



As a big old book worm, beautiful book covers are one of my biggest weaknesses in life, and I love collecting pretty editions that are a treat for the eyes as well as the imagination. 

Lately, I've been on a bit of a beautiful-book buying binge, and have treated myself to a couple of gorgeous clothbound sets and an armful of novels over the last month or so alone. I just couldn't help myself; I have no restraint when it comes to books!

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen a sneak peek of some of my new reads on my Insta stories, bur if you missed them, don't worry; I'm going to start reviewing some of them here, too, starting with The Jane Austen Collection from Arcturus books today.


The Jane Austen Collection from Arcturus books features six of Jane Austen's most beloved novels including Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, Mansfield Park, Pride and Prejudice, and Northanger Abbey, and they're without a doubt some of the most beautiful books I've ever seen. I fell in love with the collection after stumbling up on the prettiest photos of them on Bluestocking Bookshelf a couple of months ago. and I knew I had to have them in my life. I couldn't stop thinking about them until I was finally able to treat myself to the set last month, and let me tell you, they were worth the wait! They're even more perfect in person than they appear on screen. My photos do not do them justice.

Each book in this beautiful set of colourful clothbounds is a different colour in a range of pastels and muted-brights from dusky pink to light-teal, and each copy has a different patterned cover in a complimenting shade, with a pretty wreath design around the book title and author's name. 

I think my favourite designs are Northanger Abbey and Emma, although Mansfield Park and Sense and Sensibility look rather lovely, too. They're all absolutely stunning.


The titles on the covers are printed in a handwritten-like script in both upper and lowercase letters, with Austen's name printed slightly smaller in all caps. I think the font looks attractive on the front covers, but looks a little tacky and childish on the spines- probably since it's printed in such a large font. It doesn't put me off the books, but if I could change anything, I would make the font much smaller.


Like all of Arcturus' books I've seen, the books in the Jane Austen collection are smaller than the average paperback, which I love because I find them easier to hold in my arthritic hands for extended periods than larger, heavier books. They're not too heavy, either, as the novels are printed in a small font, which keeps the thickness down. Their unique size and colourful covers also ensure that they stand out on your bookshelves and add a pop of colour to your home, which is something I love my books to do.

I adore these gorgeous little books, and can't wait to start working my way through them. I've only read Pride and Prejudice before, so I'm looking forward to reading the other five for the first time. I  just don't know which novel to begin reading first! Any recommendations?


The Jane Austen collection is available to purchase separately and together as a set, and should be available from all good book stores. I stumbled up on the whole set for just £19.99 (RRP £49.99!) from Books2Door here, which works out at just £3.33 a book! Six pretty clothbounds for under £20 is an amazing bargain, and trust me, they were worth every penny! 

The set would make the perfect gift for any Jane Austen fan this Christmas, and an even better gift for yourself!

Will you be buying any books from the collection? 

Are you a fan of pretty books?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig