The lovely Char from Big Girl About Town recently nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award, and I've been meaning to put this post together in response ever since. It's the least I can do after being so kindly nominated. Thanks, Char! I'm very flattered!
So, the rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Mention who nominated you for the award.
2. Each person nominated must list 11 different things about themselves.
3. Answer 11 questions that the previous tagger has left you.
4. Create your own 11 questions.
5. Tag up to 11 people.
11 Things About Myself
1. I've never been ID-ed for alcohol, clubs, or cinema tickets, but I've twice been ID-ed when buying scratch cards! At age twenty-six... I certainly didn't look fifteen at the time!
2. I adore The Hairy Bikers; especially the Geordie one. I think it's adorable how they get so excited by everything, and they seem so lovely and friendly. They have that 'favourite uncle' quality about them. I think they'd be really fun to know.
3. I'm considering getting an Alice in Wonderland inspired sleeve, or possibly just a tattoo or two of characters from the animated Disney film. It's one of those childhood favourites which has always stayed close to my heart.
4. I also want to tattoo myself with daisies and pansies, as I think they're pretty. My tattoo wishlist is about a mile long.
5. I'm addicted to Pinterest. It can keep me occupied for hours.
6. I've not had a hair cut in eighteen months. Believe me, it's not out of choice. I'm hating it.
7. Sometimes I feel so dislocated from the person I was just two years ago. I feel like I've both lost major parts of my identity, which are out of my control, but at the same time, I know I've coaxed lots of things out, too, and changed for the better.
8. I hate talking on the phone.
9. I'm itching to learn how to make my own jewellery.
10. I haven't stopped playing Fall Out Boy's 'Save Rock and Roll' album since it came out in April.
11. I get teary watching movies, and TV shows. The worst culprits are Titanic, Schindler's List, The Green Mile, Marley and Me, and I Am Legend. They all make me bawl like a baby!
1. Favourite smell (cut grass, flowers, the smell after rain etc)?
My favourite smell would have to be the smell of the sea; that sea-weed smell that rock pools usually have. If I could bottle up that scent I would! I'm also partial to the smell of freshly baked bread and cakes; freshly cut grass; and the smell tarmac has after a rain storm.
2. Best gift you've ever received?
The best gift I ever received was probably the time I won a meet and greet with Boyzone for myself and my best friend. My best friend and I had been big fans since 1994, but had never met them until that night in 2009. It also happened to fall on my best friend's 24th birthday, so not only were we able to fulfil a life long dream to meet them, and had so much fun, but I was able to give my best friend the best present and birthday ever- without spending a penny! It was a night to remember!
3. A photo of your most cherished possession?
I'm a sentimental soul, so I'd say my most cherished possessions are my memory box (filled with letters, ticket stubs, cards, and other mementos from the last seventeen years); and my photos. Oh, and my dress collection, too, of course!
4. Your favourite author?
This may sound like a cliche, but my favourite author is the great horror writer, Stephen King. The man has been penning fantastic horror novels for decades and he still knows how to write a unique, nail-biting, page-turner. Everyone needs to read a Stephen King at some time in their life! I think the best I've read so far are The Stand, Under the Dome, and Misery.
5. Best place to shop?
I personally love shopping at ASOS as they have the best plus size clothing range around, and a wide selection of fashion and beauty items to choose from. I like how they stock lots of big name brands as well as their own products; it makes them a one-stop-shop, and their free delivery service sets them ahead of all the other websites. On the high street I frequent Dorothy Perkins and Cath Kidston.
6. A language you wish you spoke?
I would love to be able to speak Russian, Italian, French, German, and Gaelic, along with many others. I've only ever learnt a little GSCE French back in Secondary School, and I'm far from fluent in it. I wish I'd pursued languages further, and it's something I'm considering doing in the future.
7. A photo of your favourite outfit?
I have several favourite fail-safe outfits, but one which stands out to me is this one:
I love wearing my coral and turquoise flamingo print dress with that coral shrug and turquoise accessories.
I love all these pieces together, and it never fails to make me feel good when I'm wearing it. I think it's a very 'me' outfit, with such a loud pattern, and so much colour. It's the perfect summer ensemble! I think I last wore it for an OOTD last summer, but I'm sure it'll be making a reappearance on my blog soon.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you visit?
Right now, I long to return to New York, and Perranporth Beach in Cornwall, as they're two of my favourite places in the world that bring back happy memories.
I haven't explored a lot of the world so far, but I'm dying to see Australia, Italy, Greece, Africa, and more of France, and I want to travel all over America. In all honesty, I'd like to explore almost every country before I die. I love to travel.
9. A fashion trend you dislike?
When it comes to fashion, there isn't a lot I tend to dislike, but I'm not a fan of the 'geek, nerd, dweeb' trend that's everywhere at the moment. I'm already sick of the sight of tops emblazoned with those words. The same goes for over sized 'geek' glasses.
10. 3 things you couldn't live without?
I couldn't live without music, dresses, and my laptop!
11. A place you go to hide away from others?
I find it very difficult to hide from anybody these days, what with mobile phones and social networking making it easy to keep tabs on people, and my injuries preventing me from going anywhere alone. If I go up to my bedroom, I still get disturbed repeatedly. I used to go off shopping in to town on my own for some 'me' time for a few hours, and always found an hour or two in the bath with my iPod and a book a great way to switch off from the world. At the moment, I guess I hide away online when I need some time to myself.
1. What's the best thing you've ever bought for yourself?
2. Do you shop mostly online, or mostly in store?
3. What's the best book you've read lately?
4. What's the one thing you'd do if you knew nobody would find out, and you wouldn't get in to trouble?
5. Polka dots, bird print, or stripes?
6. Have you got a favourite song and album?
7. What's the one thing in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
8. Favourite Disney film?
9. Who are you top three favourite bands or singers?
10. What inspired you to start blogging?
11.When it comes to fashion and beauty, what's your biggest weakness? (What can't you resist buying? Shoes, dresses, nail polish? Etc.)
I may have nominated some of you before, but if I nominate you again, it's because I love your blog, and I'd love to read your answers!
And I also tag everybody else reading this who would like to answer the questions and pass the award on!