Monday 18 February 2013

Broken down on memory lane

When the sun puts in an appearance and graces us with a beautiful warm sunny day, I always have the urge to dig out some uptempo music, and blast it out. I usually find myself gravitating back to two of my favourite bands: Fall Out Boy, and Panic! At The Disco; two awesome bands whose combined hundred or so songs are so catchy and cheerful, and never fail to put me in a content, nostalgic, and happy mood. I associate their songs with summer, and can connect them to so many fond memories.

 I've been listening to their songs a lot over the last couple of days as the sunshine and some warmth has started to trickle back ever so faintly in to English weather. Yesterday was a flawlessly sunny day, one warm enough to dawdle around the outlet village without a jacket, and even with a little arm exposed. feeling comfortably heated instead of fearing frostbite. It was lovely. It's feels like a life time since our last hot summer's day, and I'm excited for Spring. I can't wait for longer days, warmth, and delicate pastel shades making their way back in to our wardrobes. I can't wait for the opportunity to wear maxi dresses and sandals, cropped cardigans, and the excuse to listen to all my favourite summery songs. Winter lost it's sparkle months ago.

So, this meandering in the sunshine warranted an outfit post! The quality of the photos is atrocious, for which I'm sorry, but I hope you won't mind too much...




My outfit was nothing special, just made up of old pieces from my wardrobe. The purple jersey midi dress was a Dorothy Perkins purchase from about a year ago. I don't own many plain coloured dresses, but I was drawn to the vibrant purple of this one, and it's a great wardrobe staple to dress up. I originally started wearing it with tights, which are more flattering on the legs with midi lengths as the elongate them, but the tights were putting pressure on my bad toes, so I switched to leggings. Not great, but couldn't be helped. I wore the dress with my old faithful green striped v-neck cardigan with three quarter length sleeves. The cardi came from Next several years ago. I like the way the stripes on the sleeves become gradually narrower from shoulder to forearm, which give the illusion of slimmer, tapered arms. It's also really soft, and comfortable, and I also own it in red and grey. I accessorised with my new collar necklace, and a green skinny keeper belt.


It's been a while since I've worn the dress and the cardigan, together or separately, so I really enjoyed wearing this outfit out in the sunshine.

Outfit Details

Dress- Dorothy Perkins // Cardigan- Next // Leggings- Evans // Collar- Evans // Belt- Dorothy Perkins

I'm staying with my sister again for the week, and she's determined to drag me out for walks every day regardless of my pain levels, so hopefully I may manage a couple more outfit posts this week... Stranger things have happened! Don't hold your breath, though, I am struggling to move at the minute!

I hope you're all having a brilliant start to the week.

Thanks for reading,
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Looking good lady, love the colour of the dress x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linz :). I do love a bit of purple myself xx

      Delete
  2. the collar works so beautifully with the outfit, the colours are so good on you p.s how great was that brief spell of warm weather? i wore a summer dress (with cardi and tights!hehe)and reloaded my ipod with new songs - here's to warm weather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it stops the dress from being too plain. Thank you! I've always liked wearing those colours. The warm spell was gorgeous. Shame it's back to freezing cold and grey again now. Your outfit sounds lovely, and you can't beat good songs in the sunshine! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig