Saturday 28 July 2012

10 Day You Challenge: Eight Fears


Day 3: Eight Fears

 
Today is day three of the 10 Day You Challenge I've decided to do, and today's theme is 'Eight Fears'.

I'm afraid of the following...

1. Spiders and daddy long legs. Major phobia. I keep my windows shut after dark to stop the daddy long legs flying in. Even when it's so hot I can barely breathe. Like tonight.

2. Dying alone. I often worry I will.

3. Small spaces. I'm quite claustrophobic and can freak out if I'm in a small space. Especially if I feel I can't get out of it. I panicked when I had an MRI scan back in November because my face was inches from the tube, and I once panicked in a car wash on a very hot day because I couldn't get out or get some air.

4. Fire. Well, the fear of burning to death. I don't think that even needs an explanation. Nobody wants to die like that.

5. Cotton buds. Yes, you heard right. Cotton buds. I've been wary of them ever since my friend burst my eardrum with one when I was four or five. It hurt like hell, so I think it's a valid phobia.

6. Drowning. I love water, but I fear drowning. It's another one of those claustrophobic-related worries of mine.

7. Public speaking. I'm very shy and the thought of speaking in front of more than two or three people I'm not comfortable around makes me sick with dread. I hate having all eyes on me.

8. I'm afraid of never being pain free again. Of never gaining my full mobility and freedom back, and not being able to live my life to the fullest.

What are you afraid of? Do you share any of my phobias?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Don't worry, I don't think about it too much!

      Delete
  2. thats a heartbeakingly honest list, particularly 2&8, i admit i fear dying in my sleep and my children finding me, if i think it i always try and get rid of the thought as its traumatising! also had to face another personal fear - a caesarian section - it was a terriblr fear - it was announced i had to have one and i broke down, however oddly when it happened i was weirdly focused and fine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry- I don't worry about these things too much! They're just deep down in me somewhere. Aw Maria, that's so sad. It's very unlikely that such a horrible thing like that would happen to you and your family before your time- don't worry! I came imagine how scary imagining a c section must feel, but glad it all worked out alright for you in the end x

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig