Thursday 23 August 2018

The World In Stitches Modern Spectrum Mandala Cross Stitch Kit


A couple of Sundays ago, I finally completed the Spectrum Mandala cross stitch I began earlier in the year, and I'm so pleased with how well it turned out that I just had to blog about it.


This colourful cross stitch kit was from a small English brand called The World In Stitches, and it's the fifth or sixth of their kits I've cross stitched over the last year or so. It's the same pattern as the Spectral Mandala cross stitch I completed last summer, except that the colour spectrum is reversed, this time bleeding outwards from purple to red in ten different colours. 

I began working on this spectrum mandala in the new year, but it got neglected for a few months while I concentrated on some other crafts. I picked it up again in late June, and basically sewed the last three-quarters of it in just over a month. I think if I'd worked on it for an hour or so each day, it would've taken just two to three months to make from start to finish. It shouldn't have taken me eight months to make, that's for sure! I've been slacking.

While I abandoned it for a while, I had so much fun stitching the mandala and working with all of those vibrant, colourful threads. There was something really satisfying about watching my stitches come together and blend in to a rainbow, and turn in to a beautiful mandala. Colourful cross stitch projects are always the most fun! I was enjoying making it so much, I'm actually a little sad that I've finished it, but I'm looking forward to getting it framed, and having it hanging it on the wall.


The kit includes everything you need to create this beautiful cross stitch including 16 count white aida (fabric), pre-sorted DMC threads, two needles, full colour charts, and even a beginner's guide to cross stitching to help you get started if you're new to cross stitching. (All you need in addition is an embroidery hoop, a pair of embroidery scissors, and something to cross the chart off with as you go along, such as a pencil or a highlighter). Everything included in the kit is fantastic quality, including the paper the chart is printed on, which is amazing considering it's so reasonably priced. If you're tempted to buy one, and give it a try, I can assure you it's well worth a purchase.

I'd recommend this kit for intermediate and advanced cross stitchers who've had a little experience and already mastered the skill. In all honesty, it wouldn't be impossible for a beginner to stitch as it's broken down in to small colour-blocked shapes and the chart is easy to follow, but I think it would be a little overwhelming for a newbie because of the amount of stitching to do, and how intricate and complicated it looks. Unless you like a challenge, I'd definitely recommend starting with something a little smaller and simpler for your first go at cross stitching, like their geometric squares or heart kits, and working up to a bigger piece like this when you've mastered the basics. If you're confident with a needle and thread, however, I couldn't recommend this cross stitch kit to you more! I enjoyed it so much I stitched it twice!

You can find the Spectrum Mandala cross stitch kit from The World in Stitches on Amazon here and Etsy here, or if you prefer, you can purchase a PDF of the pattern separately on Etsy here.

Have you cross stitched or crafted anything lately?

You Might Also Like
The World In Stitches Colourful Geometric Cross Stitch Kits
Hobbycraft Flamingo Cross Stitch Hoop Kit
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig