Friday 9 June 2017

The World In Stiches Geometric Squares Cross Stitch


A couple of weeks ago, I showed you the geometric heart cross stitch I recently made, and today I've got another finished project to share with you from the same brand.


This is the geometric squares cross stitch from The World In Stitches which I picked up on Amazon a couple of months ago after stumbling up on it when I was window shopping to kill some time. I thought the design was so eye-catching and fun that I bought it there and then, and got to work on it as soon as it arrived. And you know what? I'm so very glad I did!


The design is a square made up of lots of little geometric squares in a whole rainbow of colours, which is so simplistic, but undeniably eye-catching. It's so different to anything I've ever made before, but I think that was part of the charm; sometimes it's good to shake things up and try something different for a change.

It was an enjoyable little project because not only did I get to play with colourful threads again, but it was super easy to make and hardly required any effort. I barely even had to think.


It only took me about a week to make by sewing in one to two hour sittings, but it could be completed in two or three days if you sewed in several hour stints. It's ideal if you want to cross stitch without months of commitment, like many cross stitch patterns demand.

Due to its simplicity, it's the perfect kit for beginners and should be easy for anybody to have a crack at without difficulty. The kit even comes with a beginner's guide to cross-stitching to help you get started!


You'll find everything you need to make the geometric squares cross stitch in the kit- good quality white aida (fabric), DMC stranded pre-sorted threads, a needle, the pattern on thick good-quality paper, a beginner's guide to cross stitching, and even an image of what the finished design should look like. You'll just need to get your hands on an embroidery hoop, embroidery scissors, and something to cross the chart off with as you go along.

I'm really impressed with the kit because everything included is amazing quality, and it's excellent value for money at just £8.49. It's rare to find cross stitch kits of this quality for so little, so it's a real bargain. You can buy the geometric squares kit on Amazon here, and Etsy here. They also sell the pattern separately as a PDF on Etsy here, if you'd prefer to use your own supplies.


I'm really pleased with the finished cross stitch, and think it turned out really well. Not bad for a week's work, eh? It's going to look great on the wall when I eventually get round to framing it! Hopefully I'll see to that sooner rather than later! In the mean time, I've already moved on to another cross stitch kit from The World In Stitches because I'm so impressed with their kits. I'm now working on a big spectral mandala, and I'm sure it'll make its way on to the blog in a few months once I've completed it. You can see the first progress photo of it on my Instagram here.

Have you cross stitched or crafted anything lately? Let me know in the comments below.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig