Sunday 19 August 2018

Sunday Favourites #341


Hey guys,

I'm back! Sorry it's been so quiet on the blog this week. My sister has been visiting from Germany for the week, so I decided to take a little break from blogging and the Internet for a few days, and just concentrated on spending time with my family. I think it did me some good to spend some time away from a screen for a little while.

I actually made it out of the house for the first time in six weeks- and on five days out of six- so even though I'm absolutely knackered and in agony now, it's been a good week. I even made it to the zoo again on Friday. I'm tired, but I'm also feeling mentally recharged , and ready to get stuck in to blogging again, so you should get more out of me this week. For now, let's slide back in with a fresh batch of my Sunday Favourites... Enjoy!


I want to have a go at stitching this beautiful multi pansy embroidery pattern from Emillie Ferris.


This awesome dog petter enamel pin from Danger In Design. I always want to pet all the dogs!


This DIY pinata fringe photo backdrop from A Kailo Chic Life would make a fun background for parties, selfies, and blog photos.


A Subtle Revelry's banana cake recipe sounds tasty.



A Kailo Chic Life's DIY jumbo rainbow sprinkles look like the perfect decoration for brightening up a plain iced cake.


How cute are Little White Socks' ice cream cone cupcakes?!


These printable paper fruit decorations from The House That Lars Built would make fun decorations for a summer party or barbecue.


I'm going to have to make this colourful geometric rainbow cross stitch from Lucky Star Stitches.


I love this DIY colourful stacked book plant stand from A Kailo Chic Life. I'm so tempted to give it a try.


This moon cushion from OH NO Rachio is rather gorgeous.




Marinush have the prettiest handcrafted polymer clay jewellery. I especially love their feather / leaf designs.


Lovely Indeed can show you how to make these eye-catching embroidered felt letter decorations.


These panoramic 3D models of the world's most beloved cities by Maxim Shkret and AirPano City Book are absolutely amazing.


This paper leaf party garland from A Subtle Revelry would make a lovely decoration for Autumn.


I love this shoulder tattoo so much. It's featured on Unicorns Out in Russian (which I can't translate), but I think it's a Sasha Unisex temporary tattoo.

Lovely Links

♥ Katie May wrote two fantastic posts about chronic illness this week- 5 lessons she's learnt from being chronically ill, and about her enteropathic arthritis diagnosis and treatment plan.

♥ Rebecca of From Roses wrote a relatable post about how having a dog has improved her mental health.

♥ Kaylah of The Dainty Squid's photos from Thurber Cemetery are both beautiful and fascinating.

♥ Michelle from Thou Shall Not Covet gave us the first peek at this year's beauty Advent calendars, and now I want them all! Is it Advent yet??

♥ Fascinating before and after photos show how this woman changed lives of WWI veterans by 'restoring' their faces. This is amazing, especially for the time.

♥ 73 times nature made us say "nope". Some of them are creepy as hell, like the spiders, but some look pretty damn cool, like the hammerhead bat. It looks like a moose with wings!

♥ The world's ugliest goat, the Damascus goat, looks super cute until it grows up.  That's got to be the result of selective breeding or inbreeding. The poor things look deformed. And prehistoric. And a little creepy.

♥ This thread about asking people inappropriate questions about when they're having or why they don't have kids yet. Unless the person brings their reproduction plans or history up, just don't go there. Ever.

♥ A little kitten came home one day carrying a strange baby on its back... So cute!

♥ The world's 10 rarest dog breeds are super adorable. I want to adopt them all!

If you'd like to see more stuff like this, check out my Pinterest and Tumblr. You can also find all previous Sunday Favourites posts here.

Any favourites this week?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. So many lovely, colourful things! I especially love those ice cream cupcakes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patting dogs is one of my favourite past times!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig