Friday 29 October 2021

Erstwilder Jewellery Haul

I've collected a handful of new Erstwilder brooches and earrings over the last few months that I've not yet shown you, so today I'm here with a little jewellery haul.

I haven't gone crazy buying brooches since my last Erstwilder post in July. I've bought a brooch here and there, one or two at a time, but I haven't splurged, and there have been several collections I haven't shopped from at all. Partly as I needed my pennies for my holiday last month, and also because I haven't been hugely excited by some of the recent collections. I love the five new brooches and three pairs of earrings I have collected, though, so I think it's time for a look-see and some mini reviews.

Let's start with my favourite new Care Bear brooch...

I loved last year's Care Bears collection, so I was excited when Erstwilder returned with a second Care Bears range at the end of the summer. I would have loved to have splurged on Care Bears again, but I couldn't justify it before my holiday, and limited myself to one piece. For once, choosing which design to buy was easy; I had to have the Trick-or-Sweet Bear brooch in my life. I mean, who doesn't need an orange vampire-cloaked Care Bear brooch in their life?? He's so cute dressed in his red and black cloak, with a happy little pumpkin on his stomach, and makes a sweet alternative to the usual creepy Halloween ghosts, bats, and vampire designs. I love this little guy so much, and can't stop wearing him. I'll be sad to pack him away for another year in a few days time.

A couple of months ago, my Mum treated me to Scorpio the Serene, an awesome scorpion brooch from the 2018 Written in the Stars collection. She managed to snag it, and a Capricorn brooch for herself, for just £7.50 each from Glitterally's closing down sale! I'm actually a Cancer not a Scorpio, but I don't pay much attention to astrology, (even if I am apparently a typical Cancer), so to me it's just a cool scorpion brooch. The design is awesome. It's been made from glossy hot pink and cherry red resins, and is finished with three white pearlescent stars on its pincers. It's so eye-catching, and I'm sure you'll agree, a whole lot cuter than a real, living breathing scorpion. Thanks, Mum.

In July, I bought a couple of beautiful cockatoo brooches from the Erstwilder x Jocelyn Proust collaboration. I've always loved cockatoos because they're so cute and cheeky, and I instantly fell in love with them in brooch form, too. The only problem was, I couldn't choose between the two designs in the collection, so I had to add them both to my brooch zoo. I regret nothing! 


The first of my new feathered friends is Major Mitch, which is, unsurprisingly, a Major Mitchell cockatoo brooch. Major Mitch is a pearlescent pink parrot with textured silver and red feathers on his wings, tail, and crest, and he's a beauty. I love how much character this little guy has. I especially love the pearlescent pink and marbled red resins used in this design, and I'm impressed by how intricate the crest feathers are. They look delicate and breakable, but they're actually three layers thick, and as solid as a rock, so I don't have to worry about accidentally breaking them. I can just pin it to my outfit with confidence, and be on my merry, perfectly accessorised way.


The other Jocelyn Proust cockatoo brooch I adopted is a sulphur-crested cockatoo called 'Hey Cocky.' These kind of cockatoos are one of my favourite types of parrots, so I just couldn't resist adding this brooch to my collection. It's so lovely and makes me smile every time I wear it. Hey Cocky is a dainty little brooch not much bigger than my thumb. He's made from shimmery cream marbled resin, with lemon and daffodil yellow feathers, and a marbled grey beak and feet. It's such a sweet brooch, and I love how realistic it is. I have a feeling I'll still be wearing this one when I'm old and grey. 


And the latest brooch to join my Erstwilder collection is La Lune, a gorgeous crescent moon brooch from the Halloween collection 'Cute & Spooky by Mimsy'. It was designed by the Australian tattoo artist Mimsy Gleeson, and is a beautiful, sleeping, pearlescent moon surrounded by turquoise and lavender coloured flowers, and a tangle of lime and apple green leaves. The colours are a little more vibrant than I was expecting and I wasn't sure if I liked them at first, but now they've grown on me, I see they're the perfect contrast against the silvery moon, and a nice alternative to orange and black for Halloween. The brooch is too beautiful to save just for Halloween, though, and I'll definitely be wearing it all year round.


As well as brooches, I've also added a few pairs of Essentials earrings to my collection since my last update. I bought a pair of glittery purple crescent moon studs in Glitterally's sale for just £2, which were such a bargain. I think they were from one of the Pete Cromer collections (maybe the second one?), and they'd been on my wish list for ages. I also bought two pairs of heart studs from the Care Bears collection, but some time after they were released in the summer. I got a glittery red pair (to replace a plain red pair that had broken), and a gorgeous marbled blue pair, made up of shades of teal, turquoise, lime, and mauve. I love them! The new earrings are made from two layers of resin instead of one like the old ones, and seem much sturdier, so I hope they're an improved design Erstwilder are planning to use for future Essentials studs, and aren't just a one-off. I've had the backs break off a few old pairs this year, which isn't the end of the world at £6 a pair, but it would be nice if they held up longer. They're only cheap, simple earrings, but I really enjoy wearing them with my brooches for some matchy-matchiness.

And those are the newest additions to my ever-growing Erstwilder collection. I'm sure I'll be back with more brooch reviews when the Christmas collection launches next month! I can't wait!

Have you bought anything from Erstwilder lately?

You Might Also Like

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig