Wednesday 31 December 2014

What I Got For Christmas (2014)

I'm not going to do a wish list post this week as I don't feel like I should be wishing for new things less than a week after Christmas. I was given so many lovely, generous presents this year, and I'm more than content with what I have. I'm grateful for what I have.

My family spoiled me with gifts this Christmas (far more than I deserved!), and I thought I'd give you a little peek at some of the presents I was given. Now, I know there are mixed feelings about these kinds of posts, but I'm not writing it to brag; it's just a little insight in to my world. I personally love reading these sort of posts (probably because I'm nosey!), and I know many people do, too. If you don't, you might want to close this page now. If so, thanks for visiting! No hard feelings?

I don't know why, but every Christmas I gather all of my presents together like this and take photos; I've done this since I was little. This year I was spoiled rotten and got some amazing presents; I even got several things that had been on my wish list for ages! I don't ever like to ask for specific gifts, but my Mum and little sister pestered me for ideas this year until I gave in.


My little sister got me a gorgeous cloth-bound edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, which has the most amazing flamingo print design, and is even illustrated. I've wanted this cloth bound edition for years; mostly because of the cover but also because I'm a big fan of all things Alice in Wonderland and have been since I was little. I've not read the books since childhood, so I'm looking forward to reading them again soon.

My Mum got me a hardback copy of the latest Stephen King novel, 'Revival', and Begin Again on DVD. I've wanted both for ages.


My parents very generously got me a new camera, the Canon Powershot SX170 IS (although I chose it). We looked in to lots of different cameras, but this one seemed the best for our budget. It has 16 mega pixels and an amazing 32 x zoom, which is about twice as much zoom as my old one! I tried it outdoors yesterday for the first time, and the photos do look a lot sharper!

I've actually needed a new camera for a couple of years, since my old Canon (the one I've always used for blog photos) is on it's way out. A DSLR is way out of reach right now (one day!), but this seems like a pretty decent point and shoot that should be perfect for blog photos, taking to concerts, and every day use. I couldn't be happier or more grateful for this amazing present, and I was so surprised to receive lots of other prezzies from my parents alongside it.

One of my favourite presents this Christmas was Benefit's Box O' Blushers gift set, which was given to me by my older sister and brother-in-law. Benefit is one of my favourite make up brands, but it's not often I can afford to treat myself to their products, so I was so excited to be given a set of six face powders, and a highlighter to play with. The sis did well this year! I'll give you guys a closer look at it soon.

My parents gave me all of The Body Shop goodies in the photos above, including a lip gloss, soap, and bath jelly from the seasonal Glazed Apple range. I love the scent! I was also given a pot of the Vitamin E Moisture Cream, which I was so surprised to receive. I've been using it daily for a decade and was scraping the last dregs from the pot- and I miraculously had one waiting for me on Christmas morning! The funny thing is, my Mum didn't know I use it! Perfect serendipitous gift giving! The purple OPI nail polish in 'My Little Petunia' was also from my parents.

The rest of the beauty products were from my relatives, which included: a Nivea Luscious Beautiful Lips lipbalm set, Simple hydrating light moisturiser, Simple refreshing facial wash gel, P.S. Love Your Skin gentle facial cleansing wipes, Tesco aloe vera & green tea soap, Derma V10 coconut body butter, and Studio nail polish collection set called 'All That Glitters'.


I was also given a huge stash of chocolates, biscuits, and Pringles, mostly from my parents. A couple of boxes of chocolates were from relatives on my Dad's side of the family. I think this lot's going to see me through 'til Easter!


I got a fleecy fairisle onesie from my parents, and a cobalt blue lace scarf from one of my Aunties.


And finally, a random assortment of things from my Aunties. The Minnie Mouse wash bag was filled with some of the beauty products above. I was also given a little notebook with a rabbit on the front; a necklace, and a compact mirror. 

I received some Christmas money, too, which has been well spent (more on that when my purchases arrive), and I've been told a parcel is on its way to me from my best friend, which may or may not be from The Body Shop... 

So overall, I've been extremely spoiled by my family this year, and I know it! A big thank you to my family for buying me all of these lovely gifts; I'm a very lucky lady!

What did you get for Christmas this year? If you've blogged about what you got I'd love to see your posts, so leave me your links below!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Louise! You got so many fabulous things this Christmas. I especially love the assortment of beauty products you received. It definitely is always nice to get spoiled. I know around Christmas time, I never really ask for anything, but the thoughtful and sentimental gifts are always best.

    Cheers.

    Stephanie

    http://lifelustandotherstuff.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got lots of presents this year I really like the cute notebook and revival is a good read too xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig