Monday 21 October 2013

The 5000 Question Survey: Questions 101-125

Hi guys,

I've got the next instalment of The 5000 Question Survey for you today. I've now reached questions 101-125. If you want to catch up on the first 100 questions answered, you can catch up on them here, and if you want to give the challenge a go yourself, then you'll find all 5000 questions via this link.


101. What does happiness/joy feel like physically? 

Happiness feels like warmth, weightlessness, and a comforting hug.

102. List five people you love starting with the one you love the absolute most. 

That would be my best friend, Angela, and I guess my family- my two sisters, and my Mum and Dad (even if they do all drive me nuts). I won't put them in a specific order to save getting murdered in my sleep.

103. How many movies have you gone to see this month? 


Zero. I've only made it to the cinema once this year, because I can't sit for very long due to the pain from my back injuries. I'm hoping to make it to the second Hunger Games film when it comes out next month, though. I'm willing to put myself through the pain and discomfort for it. I can't wait to see it!

104. If you could have 3 wishes...but none of them could be for yourself, what would you wish for? 


1. I'd wish for an end to size discrimination, so that all sizes would be treated equally in society and the world of fashion.

2. I'd wish for all pain, illness, and suffering to be removed from the world for good.

3. And I'd wish for financial security and wealth for my family and friends for life.

105. In what ways do you relax and de-stress when you are really tense? 


I've always found that listening to music helps me to de-stress and calms me down when something's annoyed or upset me. There's a song out there for every mood. I also find writing helps, whether I'm emptying my thoughts and feelings on to a piece of paper, a blog post, a social media platform, or whatever. I don't even have to share what I've written, just releasing the thoughts from my head lifts the weight away. 

106. How much money would it take to get you to drive to school naked in the springtime and get out of the car? 

There isn't enough money in the world to make me want to do that!


107. Have you ever killed an animal?

No, I could never intentionally kill an animal. The thought makes me sick to my stomach.


Oh, wait, does hoovering up spiders count? And feeding live mealworms to reptiles?

108. Have you ever lost someone close to you?

I've lost friends as life has progressed and people have moved away or moved on, (a part of life living in an RAF community), but I'm fortunate to have only experienced two deaths in my family up to this point; my Grandad and my Nan. Touch wood that's how it'll stay for a long time.

109. What do you think of cloning? 


I think it's amazing that we're capable of creating a living creature this way, but I'm not so sure it's right to do so. We're not meant to live forever- or we already would, and when our time is up, our time is up. The idea of playing God and cloning a person or a pet to, say, bring them back as a replacement is creepy, and I don't think it's right to clone for medicine, research, or farming, either. (Supposing these reasons were all being carried out).

110. Do you read or watch TV more often? 


I love to read, and prefer it to watching TV, but I probably watch TV more. It's often on for background noise, and as a means of keeping myself occupied.

111. With all this talk of terrorism going around are you willing to sacrifice rights and freedoms for increased safety? 


It all depends on what kind of rights and freedoms we're talking about, but yes, I'd be willing to make a few sacrifices to ensure my safety. I can live with only taking little bottles of shampoo on a plane, and travelling without scissors in my hand luggage. However, I would never let the fear of terrorism stop me from living my life the way I want to. The moment we fear then is the moment they win.

112. What is the punishment you would come up with for Osama Bin Laden if you caught him alive? 


Well, since he's already been found and killed, there isn't much point in this question, but I think he deserved to suffer in the worst way possible for what he was a part of.

113. Have you ever named an individual part of your body? 


No!

114. Have you ever been on the radio or on TV? 

I had a request of mine read out on the radio by Ronan Keating a couple of years ago... does that count? He said my full name, so I think it should!


115. Have you ever won a lottery, or sweepstakes? 


I buy scratch cards every now and then and have had a pound here, and a twenty quid note there... nothing spectacular. I never remember to play the actual Lotto.

116. Have you ever won a contest or competition? 


I've won a few over the last couple of years, and before that I never won anything in my life. I won a meet and greet with Boyzone and a pair of gig tickets to see them play live with my best friend in 2009, which was the best experience ever! I then won a signed Ronan Keating calendar later that year. This year I've won two blog giveaways- (lots of goodies, and a New Look voucher), and a beautiful Zatchels satchel.

117. Do you like to watch The Joy of Painting show with Bob Ross (check out this link if you don't know who he is.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross_(painter)? 


Never watched it.

118. Do you know what your grandparents and your great grand parents did for a living? 


I don't know an awful lot about this, actually. My paternal grandfather was in the RAF; I don't know if he had another profession before retirement. He's ninety-four, and probably retired before I was even born. My maternal grandfather was a ship builder, but I don't know if he ever did any other kind of work. He died of lung cancer aged sixty-seven* (*I think) when I was just eleven, so I never had the chance to ask him questions like this. I'm not sure if my Nan (paternal grandmother) ever worked, or what my Nana (maternal grandmother) did. I only remember her working in a chip shop when I was little and she was nearing retirement. I don't know anything about my great grandparents at all. I need to start asking questions!

119. Is there anything really interesting in your family history? 

My maternal grandad was once interviewed twice by Police during the Yorkshire Ripper investigation. I'm told that the police went door to door interviewing men in Sunderland, and something about his Mackem accent sparked them to talk to him twice. 


120. Is there anyone you trust completely? 


My best friend. I can tell her anything.

121. Have you ever lost someone without having the chance to say goodbye?

My Grandad. He died of lung cancer in a hospice when I was just eleven, and my parents decided to (understandably) protect my sisters and I from seeing him so unwell in his last few days. I  saw him for the last time at Christmas about two weeks before he passed, though, and we drove the two hundred and fifty miles back again a week later to be with my Nana for his final few days. I was too scared to go to his funeral, but I still miss him terribly.


122. How do you feel about women in politics? 


Just the same as I feel about men in politics. I've never been all that interested in politics as it often just bores me to tears, but women have as much right to be in politics as men do. Gender shouldn't be an issue. It doesn't sway my opinions on a politician- their policies and actions do!

123. Would you rather have an indoor Jacuzzi or an outdoor pool? 


I would love to have an outdoor pool, even if I do live in not-so-sunny England. I've always longed to have my own pool. It would be heavenly in the summer.

124. What things are you interested in that you study or read about on your own? 


Well, there's fashion and beauty, which I read about on a daily basis through blogs, blogging, magazines, and the like. I'm naturally curious when it comes to tragedy, war, and disaster, and am especially inquisitive about the Titanic and the Holocaust. I find survivor's testimonies heart breakingly moving, yet also interesting. I love reading for pleasure, especially horror, thrillers, and post-apocalyptic novels, and I like learning about animals and arts and crafts.

125. Would you consider yourself to be intelligent? 

I'm not sure I'm intelligent, but I'm definitely not stupid. Well, most of the time!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. 'the joy of painting' is amazing! Bob is the most relaxing human being ever, apart from Sian Lloyd! another great survey, an outdoor pool would be so fab wouldn't it!? I evict spiders out of the house and have stood on snails a couple of times, I apologised to them, I felt so bad x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know what it is and who Bob is, but I've never watched a programme, as far as I can remember. I would love an outdoor pool, but we'd probably end up with hypothermia and frost bite in this country! I wish we could evict spiders off the planet. Horrible things. I hate it when I stand on snails. It used to happen all the time when I was seeing to my rabbits in the garden in the dark. I always feel so bad, too! xx

      Delete
  2. Quite interesting responds! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig