Sunday 16 September 2018

Sunday Favourites #344


These are some of my favourites from the last seven days...


This cookie and cream no bake cheesecake from Sprinkle Bakes looks phenomenal.


I love this heart manicure tutorial from OPI.


 This piece of stained-glass style cat art by Ruslana Golub is so beautiful.


Little White Socks' vegan strawberry party macarons look amazing.


Lu Loves Handmade can show you how to make statement jewellery using Fimo clay.



These gorgeous prints from Jacqueline Colley.



I'd love to make this awesome DIY no-weave rainbow wall hanging from Studio DIY.


The House That Lars Built made these pretty honeycomb fans out of paper lunch sacks, and show you how you can, too! I really want to make some.



I love The Merrythought's DIY floral wall backdrop. It makes such a beautiful statement.



Stunning embroideries from Tusk and Twine. The first two are available to buy as kits and patterns, and the third as a finished piece.


This DIY house village hook rack from Sarah Hearts is too cute.


Sugar and Cloth created this amazing DIY rainbow art wall hanging out of pool noodles and colourful crepe paper! How clever is that?!


This rainbow vanilla mug cake recipe from A Subtle Revelry looks delicious.


These prints and wall hangings from Claire Ritchie are stunning.

Lovely Links


♥ Helpful survival tips that everyone needs to know. Who knows when we might need them?


♥ Africa's anti-poaching dogs take to the skies. Dogs are being trained to parachute with their handlers to catch poachers! Amazing.






♥ This thread about emo band names is hilarious. Mine is Audrey Tachycardia. What's yours?

♥ Mom goes viral for calling out nurse who body-shamed her 13-year-old daughter, but many people disagree with her actions.  I personally think the nurse was out of line, and should've had a private conversation with the mother about her concerns, or at least tackled it more sensitively. Also, the girl isn't even fat! I went through a similar experience at the same age, when I was bluntly told I was fat (I wasn't at the time), and questioned about my lifestyle while I stood in my underwear in front of two female doctors / physiotherapists. I was there to investigate the pains in my bones and joints. It destroyed the small amount of body confidence and self-confidence I had, and my attitude towards food well in to my twenties. I even avoided eating in front of other people outside my family because I was so self-conscious of my weight and how others thought of me. Conversations about a teenage girl's weight can be incredibly damaging, and it needs to be approached carefully.


♥ This university thought no one would notice that they made white students black, then someone found the original photo. This is appalling, but also laughable because the photo-shopping is so bad. What were they thinking?!


If you'd like to see more like this, check out my Pinterest and Tumblr. You can also find all previous Sunday Favourites posts here.

Any favourites this week?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig