Monday 30 October 2017

50 Things I Love About Autumn

I love Autumn days like today. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and there's still an explosion of colour peppering the rapidly-thinning trees out the back of my house. The view out my bedroom window today is reminding me exactly why I love Autumn, so I thought I'd share a list of some of the things I love about this time of year.

Here's 50 things I love about Autumn...

1. Crunching through paths of fallen leaves.
2. Seeing the leaves change from green to an explosion of yellows, oranges, browns, and reds.
3. Watching leaves falling from the trees.
4. Keeping warm on chilly days under cosy blankets.
5. Taking walks in the countryside to enjoy the scenery.
6. The crisp air.
7. Spending dark evenings crafting at home.
8. Carving pumpkins.
9. The smell of lit Jack O' Lanterns.
10. Preparing for Christmas.
11. The acrid smell of bonfires and log fires in the air.
12. Wearing gloves, scarves, and hats whenever I go outside.
13. Fireworks displays.
14. Going to my local bonfire to watch the fireworks.
15. Watching Autumnal and horror movies, and having movie marathons.
16. Painting my nails in Autumnal / jewel colours, after months of delicate pastels and bold brights.
17. Wearing outfits in Autumn fashion colours like burgundy, plum, raspberry, teal, forest green, mustard, and rust.
18. Eating hearty comfort food on cold, dreary days.
19. Baking in the kitchen on cold, dark Sunday afternoons.
20. Reading creepy, horror novels.
21. Dressing in cosy layers.
22. Wearing cosy knitwear, and Winter coats with everything.
23. Foggy days.
24. Frosty mornings.
25. Crunching over frost-coated grass- to me it's as satisfying as popping bubble wrap!


26. Feeling the cold on my face, when the rest of me is wrapped up warm.
27. Lighting candles every evening.
28. Scavenging for leaves, conkers, and pinecones to use as photo props.
29. Playing ball with Rosie in the garden until we're both covered in mud.
30. Warming up with a hot shower or long bubble bath after being out in the cold.
31. Keeping my feet warm in comfy, fleecy slippers.
32. Drinking mugs of hot chocolate.
33. Eating soup with fresh bread.
34. When the shops starting filling up with Christmas beauty palettes, gift sets, and Advent calendars.
35. Watching Hocus Pocus, Practical Magic, Stepmom, and You've Got Mail for the millionth time.
36. Getting to eat Halloween sweets when no Trick or Treaters come to the door.
37. Playing with sparklers.
38. Taking photos of all the pretty scenery.
39. My Mum's apple pie and custard.
40. The return of Stranger Things.
41. Netflix marathons.
42. How pretty the Cotswold villages in my area look at this time of year.
43. Shopping for new stationery as the new school term begins. Even though I've not been a student in fourteen years, I still can't help buying new stationery every Autumn!
44. The creepiness of the sudden appearance of dozens of corn fields and maize mazes in the countryside close to home.
45. Fun Halloween-themed fashion.
46. The way cemeteries look extra pretty / creepy with a carpet of dead leaves, almost-barren trees, and dark, dreary daylight.
47. Seeing giant yellow sunflowers everywhere- they're one of my favourite flowers.
48. Curling up with a good book instead of going outside in the cold.
49. Autumn scented Yankee Candles like Salted Caramel, Pain au Raisin, and Tarte Tatin.
50. Decorating my home with pumpkins and Autumn foliage.

What are your favourite things about Autumn?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig