Saturday 14 February 2015

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to those of you celebrating it, and Happy Saturday to those of you who aren't. I hope you're having a good one.

I don't have a Valentine, but instead of boycotting commercial love day this year, I've decided to be my own Valentine instead. I'm spending today spoiling myself!



I decided to buy myself some flowers yesterday night when I was in Morrisons. I haven't treated myself to a bunch of flowers in ages. I've never been all that fussed with red roses or expensive orchids; I'm happier with tulips, sunflowers, daisies, irises and yellow roses. Yellow flowers are my favourite; they're so cheerful. I managed to find some tulips among the five hundred bouquets of long-stemmed red roses, and  picked up two bunches for just £3. So inexpensive, but I feel like I've really spoilt myself!


I made myself a late breakfast / lunch (at 3pm...) of peaches and pineapple, and it was delicious.

I've not been well enough to stray from my bed today, but I've been relaxing with a bunch of movies. I've already watched Valentine's Day and Letters to Juliet (pretty much the most romantic film ever made), and it's been an enjoyable way to spend a Saturday afternoon / evening. I think I might watch The Fault in Our Stars next.

I've added The Women to the pile because it shows us we can be smart, successful, beautiful women with love in our lives, whether or not we're loved up or single! (And also because it's a great film!)




I put together some treat bags for my family to enjoy this evening. I filled these cute chevron paper bags with a variety of chocolates- I used peanut butter M&Ms, Malteasers, Cadbury's Buttons, Ferrero Rochers, and tea cakes. The pic 'n' mix of champions. Why wait for a Valentine to bring us chocolate?


I've been relaxing in my PJs and slippers all day. I was planning to get dressed in a Valentine's inspired outfit and take photos, but I didn't wake up  until 2:30pm, by which time it was already dark and dreary from the rain. 


I was intending to wear my favourite heart-print dress from Alice & You, and would probably have dressed it with red pieces, like the heart print Zatchels barrel bag. I have blogged about both before, though, so you're not missing out on much. I'll be bringing you a real outfit post really soon- promise!



Now I'm going to go start another movie, put a face mask on, paint my nails a festive red, and kick back with a magazine or two before I start working on tomorrow's post.

How have you been spending Valentine's Day this year?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Sounds perfect Louise! indulging ourselves is wonderful, and should be mandatory! I've had a fabulous Galantines Day, dinner with my Mum, my girls and my niece with my Dad being our Butler, old family video's and martini's, best one yet! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely! I think you're absolutely right! It sounds like you had a lovely Valentine's Day with your family. :) xx

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a lovely day hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful, I treated myself too and made me realise I need to have this as a regular occurrence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're absolutely right; I think I may need to do the same! :)

      Delete
  4. Gotta love a good pamper day! I love that you treated yourself to flowers too, it's one of those things everyone should do more often as having a vase of flowers is somehow such a mood booster! Yours are beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Nothing like a good pamper. I don't buy myself flowers very often, so it's always a treat when I do. It's weird how uplifting a vase of flowers can be, isn't it? It's the little things... xx

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely pamper day - it looks like you had a great day. I especially love the treat bags you made up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I had a lovely day being my own valentine. Thanks, hun. :) xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig