Saturday 21 February 2015

Shopping Haul Feb 2015

A couple of weeks ago, I ventured out of the house for the first time this year for something other than a hospital appointment. I only popped in to town quickly with my sister, but the cabin fever and isolation was hitting me so hard that I'd have happily gone anywhere to escape for a couple of hours. My sister wanted to look for a new phone case in Cath Kidston, and I was happy to tag along to Oxford for some fresh air and a change of scenery. I think it did me some good.

We spent about an hour or so in Oxford (until I had to call it quits and go home), but we visited Cath Kidston, Lush, Boots, The Body Shop, and Paperchase in that time. I wasn't planning to buy anything other than some of Lush's Valentine's range and a new diary, but my sister owed me a little money and I got tempted by a few other things along the way... I thought I'd give you a peek at what I bought, since I love reading these kind of posts on other blogs.




I bought lots of lovely things...




You've probably noticed by now that I'm crazy about Cath Kidston; I'd say they're one of my favourite brands and biggest weaknesses. I rarely make it out of their shops without buying something. This time, I was clucking over the amazing new heart print, and wanted to buy it all. I restrained myself and bought a make up bag (I needed one), a key fob (my old one was getting tatty), and a pack of tissues (I had the sniffles). I also got a Christmas book bag which was on sale for £7 down from £18! I loved the print and thought it would be fun to use for shopping in December, or for carrying gifts in.


In Paperchase I bought a pretty new diary (for obvious reasons), and treated myself to a new notebook. I have a thing for pretty notebooks and stationery, and in my opinion, Paperchase make the best around. If I won the lottery, I could easily blow a million pounds in there in about five minutes with no regrets.


Seriously, look how pretty this diary is! Each date is bordered by polka dots, gingham, or other colourful patterns. It's so bright and cheerful it makes me smile every time I open it. I think it's the prettiest diary I've ever had. It even has a page a month for writing reminders like birthdays, to-do lists, wish lists, and blogging! (Though, it is sad I didn't have a single thing on this week and no reason to write in it).


We spent a while in Boots, but I didn't buy all that much. I got a new pair of Models Own eyelash curlers, as my old curlers broke. I just can't live without a pair. I haven't actually used them yet, though, as I've been obsessed with using Roller Lash, which curls my lashes so well I don't need the curlers!

I also bought a bottle of Barry M's silk nail paint in a forest green shade called 'Forest'. I didn't realise at the time, but it gives a matte finish, which I'm not a fan of, but thankfully, wearing a top coat over it gives it a gorgeous glossy finish!

The third item in the photo is a tube of primer from Collection called 'Prime and Ready'. I won a tube ages ago in Rachel's giveaway and have been so impressed with it that I had to repurchase. I'm going to write a review about it soon; it's amazing.


From Boots, I also bought three packs of my regular Boots cucumber cleansing wipes (3 packs for £3). I'm not usually a fan of own-brand beauty products, but these cleansing wipes are the only ones which don't make my eyes run- plus they're great cleansing wipes and smell good, too. After picking these up, I was distracted by the Original Source Vanilla and Raspberry shower gel, which was on offer for £1. It smells like Strawberry Mini Milks or Funny Feet ice lollies! Ie: divine!

When we were in the Body Shop, I got two bottles of my favourite Satsuma shower gel. I definitely do not need any more TBS products right now, since I own half the shop, but I allowed myself that little exception because I'd run out and it's my fave.


In Lush, I bought four products from the Valentine's collection- Heart Throb bubble bar, Cupid's Love soapLonely Heart bubble bar, and Unicorn Horn bubble bar- which I blogged about last week (here). I also treated myself to a Brightside bubble bar because I couldn't resist the gorgeous citrus scent; it reminds me of the long gone Happy soap they used to make.


And my Ciaté Mini Mani Manor advent calendar arrived soon after my last haul post. I got it on sale really cheaply, and have put it away to enjoy this Christmas. It's actually back in stock again (on Ciaté's website) for the bargain price of £14.60, so if you want to snag a bargain, snap one up fast! Their nail polishes are fantastic quality, and it's so much fun to get a nail polish a day in the run up to Christmas.

Have you treated yourself to anything nice recently?


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Amaaazing haul! I love that diary. Definitely need to go shopping with you haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, shopping with me is dangerous! I'm such an enabler! xx

      Delete
  2. Ohhh! I love what you bought! I LOVE those paperchase products. We used to get Paperchase here in Border stores, but then all the Borders closed done and now I can't get all the awesome! I love the way the diary is set up, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! Paperchase used to be in our Borders stores, too, until they closed down. I could spend hours there, and was so gutted when Borders closed. We were lucky that Paperchase came back with their own shops, but it's such a shame they didn't do that everywhere. Can you not get things shipped online? The diary is so fun to use! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I bought some rather similar Paris theme notecards from Paperchase in their Xmas sale, which I've almost used up now - they definitely do the best stationery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know which ones you mean! They really do make the best stationery; I could buy it all. xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my life, the diary and notebook are to die for! I bought the Ciate mini manor and am going to split it up for Christmas presents next year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't resist all the prettiness! You should keep the Ciate calendar for yourself and spoil yourself with a new polish every day in the run up to Christmas. I keep mixing up this year / last year, too. Even though we're three months in to this year now! Haha! xx

      Delete
  5. I love the diary it's so cute xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig