Thursday 5 February 2015

My Novelty Bag Collection 2015

Novelty handbags are one of my biggest weaknesses in life, and one of my favourite vices. I love 'em! In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm about three novelty bags shy of a novelty bag addiction... (Or is that three bags past one? Yep, definitely past.) What can I say? They just make me smile. 

It's been about a year since I last blogged about my novelty bag collection, but since then the collection has more than doubled, so I think it's time for an updated look at them all. I have some good 'uns to show you today!


I currently own seventeen novelty bags! (No, I didn't miscount; one isn't photographed). I'm not sure how that happened exactly; all I know is that there have been hundreds of amazing quirky bags on the high street these last few years, and so many of them captured my heart. I couldn't buy them all, but I was unable to resist this little lot.

Who wants a closer look?



These three were all from Accessorize in 2013. The strawberry and owl were birthday presents from my parents and my best friend, and the Russian doll was a present I bought myself in the January sales. The Russian doll turned out to be a great little purchase because I still use it regularly; it's one of my favourites, and it goes with almost everything in my wardrobe. Best £12.50 I've ever spent!


The cassette tape, and camera cross body bags were also from Accessorize; both from 2014 collections. You've probably seen both pop up on loads of blogs over the last year, and it's not surprising; they're both so funky! I bought the camera last Summer, and my Mum recently treated me to the cassette, which was on sale for just £12.50. Neither are available online any more, but I saw them both in store last week, so definitely check your local store if you want to grab a quirky little bargain.


One of my favourite bags of all time has to be the vampire lips clutch from ASOS. I. FUCKING. LOVE. IT! The design is so unique to any other I've seen, and when I saw it in ASOS's Halloween collection last Autumn, I just had to have it. I've wanted a Lulu Guinness for years, but I actually think this one is even better!

The quilted black heart cross-body was from Topshop in London maybe six or seven years ago. I must've queued for an hour to buy it, but it was worth persevering for. I only wish I'd picked it up in red, too. You can find a similar bag on ASOS, here- and it's currently on sale!


Two of the newest additions to the collection are these two clutch bags from New Look. I'd been eyeing them up for months, along with every other fashion blogger, and I finally picked them both up on sale last month. I think I paid £4 for the amazing milkshake, and just £2 for the chocolate coin! Now those are bargains I like! The coin clutch is still on sale here for £2, and the milkshake is currently available via ASOS for a £5 here.


I also have a few Christmas themed novelty bags, and I can't tell you how excited I was to find these last December! (Clue: very!) I love Christmas even more than novelty bags, so combine the two and I'm a happy Louise! The Christmas pudding was from TU at Sainsburys, and the two bauble clutches were from New Look. I picked the snowman bauble up a couple of weeks ago for just a fiver. Both bauble clutches are still available online for £5 each. You can find the red and silver bauble here, and the snowman bauble here and here.

The lemon wedge clutch is by Monki,and I snapped it up last Summer from ASOS. The fruit trend was huge last year, so bags like this one were everywhere. It's such a cheerful bag and really brightens up my Summer outfits.

If I had to choose the cutest bag I own, it would definitely be the daschund. Isn't he adorable? I adopted him from Mantaray in 2013. He doesn't hold a lot, but he's so cute that I don't even care!  It's no longer available online, but check out this similar Jack Russell bag; I want one!


And last but by no means least, are these two pretty pastel bags. The quilted bunny ears bag was from ASOS last year, and it reminds me of the White Rabbit's house in Disney's Alice in Wonderland. Since I'm also a crazy bunny lady, and love the colour mint, buying this bag was a no-brainer.

The ice cream cone bag is by Skinny Dip, and I bought it through ASOS a few weeks ago. It's easily one of the cutest bags I've ever owned, and I can't wait for Summer to get here so I can use it. Trust me, you'll be seeing this bag a lot this Summer! You can buy one here.



I also have one more novelty bag- a patent-red lip-shaped clutch from a vintage shop in Camden called Berty and Gerty. I can't find it to photograph, but if you're curious you can see it here.

And, that's my novelty bag collection!

I really don't know what it is about novelty bags I love so much, but there's just something about them which makes me happy. I don't like to take myself or my style too seriously, and quirky bags are my favourite way of adding a touch of whimsy, fun, and personality to my outfits. I may already own so many of them, but I'm pretty sure this collection hasn't stopped growing yet.

Do you have a novelty handbag collection to rival mine? Do you love novelty bags or hate them?

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeettty!!! I can't tell you the number of times I put the camera bag in my online basket at Accessorise then decided I really shouldn't. I'm actually planning to customise a plain bag I have to make a novelty bag soon so I will let you know when I have done it! Otherwise my novelties I think I've told you about before- R2D2, book clutch oh and now a Rubix cube!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the fact you didn't hit purchase tells you the bag wasn't the one for you, and it wasn't meant to be. I'd love to see the bag once you're finished! The Rubix Cube sounds amazing! xx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this post! I haven't got as many as you, but I will do a post on my novelty bags soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to see your collection. :) xx

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh! You have THE BEST collection! I love the owl and daschund and I NEARLY bought the bunny bag in that colour, its sooo pretty! I regret not getting it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Hopefully ASOS will bring the bunny ears bag back again in the same colour. I know the cat ears bag has reappeared a few times over different years. xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so tempted by the bauble clutch bag (and have been since it first appeared!) but it just wouldn't be big enough for all my stuff and so would never get used! Maybe I'll sleep on it and see if I could find a place for it just in case...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely not the most practical bags, but they are lovely, and would be great for Christmas parties. I can fit a small purse, phone, keys, and lip balm in them with a little room to spare... but definitely not the kitchen sink. xx

      Delete
  5. I love the sausage dog so much xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too. It would've been so perfect for you. xx

      Delete
  6. Such a fun collection! I've got the same old bag from Kathmandu that I've had for YEARS - I have had other bags in between, but I always seem to destroy them. I think I pretty much love all these, the cassette is great - but the vampire lips is is SO my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trees! Wow, that's pretty impressive! I've got many bags I've had for a decade, but I don't often use the same bag for weeks at a time before switching to another; maybe that's why they've lasted so long. I like to switch between them all the time. I think the vampire lips is my favourite, too. It's amazing! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig