Wednesday 5 December 2012

Amethyst and Teal Glittery Nails


Lately, I've found myself a little obsessed with trying out glittery nail polishes with most of my nail looks. I don't know where this little obsession has come from; up until a few months ago, I hadn't worn much glitter make up since my mid-teens. Perhaps it's because the festive season is upon us, and Christmas requires a bit of sparkle.

The other day, I gave myself a teal and glitter manicure; a combination I had never tried before. I was especially excited to try the Barry M glitter nail paint I picked up last week. Trust me when I say, that polish is beautiful!


I applied two coats of Rimmel's 60 Seconds polish in Sky High to all nails but the ring fingers. Two coats was enough to give an opaque finish; not bad for a budget brand! This polish is a light teal and it really does dry within a minute. I then added a light coat of the Barry M Amethyst Glitter to the tips of my nails, painting it over about a quarter of each nail.

 On the ring fingers I painted two generous coats of the Amethyst Glitter, and finished each nail with a couple of coats of the Inglot topcoat, mainly as I don't like the texture of glittery polishes, but also because it protects the nails and lets the polish last longer.


The Amethyst Glitter is such a beautiful blend of colourful glitters. Black dominates the nail (although in some lights it appears more silver), and it also contains pink and blue flecks, too. It's a stunning varnish, a bargain at just £2.99, and perfect for adding a bit of sparkle to your party outfits this festive season!

And... voila!




After two days, I'm still really loving this look! The colours are beautiful, and so far there have been no chipping incidents. I think this would be my Christmas party nail if I could join in the festivities this year, but I may just recreate it for Christmas Day instead.

Do you like to use glitter nail polishes? Can you recommend any to me?

What would be your go to nail look for the festive season?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love this Barry m polish but it's a nightmare to remove it looks fab on but when you come to take it of your like why do I lovE this so much ahaha love your blog pop over to mine sometime coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that one! I've found that soaking a cotton wool pad in nail polish remover and pressing it over the nail and holding for about five- ten minutes will lift the glitter off quite easily. It's not something to try to remove when you're in a rush, though! Thanks for the follow, I shall pop over and check out your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Those came out so lovely! I simply adore sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Amanda. I love sparkles, too- especially at this time of year :)

      Delete
  3. Love this colour! I have that glitter nail polish and tried out the exact same thing but with a pale lavender colour and it looked really nice too! And I agree that the glitter is sooo hard to remove, I actually find it easier to peel it off - i realise it is so bad for my nails :(

    I have most of the Barry M glitter nail varnishes and they are all amazing so I would recommend all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! Last time I peeled the polish off, it took layers of my nails off, too. I've found soaking a cotton wool pad in nail polish remover and placing it over the nail for 5-10 minutes lifts it off with minimal fuss.

      I'm sure I'll just end up collecting the lot! Haha :)

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig