Tuesday 24 September 2024

What I Read in August 2024

I'm a little late to the round-up party, but hey- I'm an introvert; I'm just proud I showed up to the party at all!

This is what I read in August:


August Reading Stats:

📖11 books completed.
📖5 hardbacks.
🎧6 audiobooks
📖1705 pages.
🎧47 hours 15 minutes listened at 1.1x speed. (Plus about another 10 hours of HOFAS).
📖4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ reads!
📖3⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
📖16 books acquired. (10 audiobooks, 6 hardbacks).
📖9 books preordered. (8 hardbacks, 1 audiobook).

August was a decent reading month for me. I finished 11 books, and started 2 others, completed my audiobook reread of ACOTAR, and smashed my Goodreads reading goal by 7 books, 4 and a half months early! I'm not gonna lie, it felt good.

I Read:

📖Emily Wilde's Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawcett. 4
📖Emily Wilde's Map of the Otherlands by Heather Fawcett. 3⭐
📖Lore of the Wilds by Analeigh Sbrana. 2.5⭐
📖Gild by Raven Kennedy. 4⭐
📖Beneath These Cursed Stars by Lexi Ryan. 3.5⭐
🎧A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas dramatised. 4⭐ (Reread).
🎧A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas dramatised parts 1 and 2. Both 5⭐ (Rereads).
🎧House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas dramatised parts 1 and 2. 4⭐ / 5⭐. (Rereads).
🎧House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J Maas dramatised part 1. 5⭐. (Reread. Also, part 2 isn't out yet, and I didn't realise until after I'd finished part 1. *Cries.*)

And I Started:
📖Glint by Raven Kennedy..
🎧House of Flame and Shadow by Sarah J. Maas unabridged.

I apparently spent August spirited away in the fae realms- every single books I read was fae fantasy of some description! It was completely unintentional, too- I didn't even notice until I saw my Storygraph infographics! Question: how many fae books is okay to read in a row before I have to admit I have a problem??

Favourite Reads: Probably Gild by Raven Kennedy, and Emily Wilde's Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawcett. Two very different reads, but I loved them both a lot.

Favourite Listens: A Court of Silver Flames, and House of Earth and Blood part two. It was really fun to listen to two of my favourites as audiobooks, and they were even better the second time around. Although, I still found the beginning of HOEAB difficult to get into- apparently, the heavy world-building is still dull when someone else is doing the reading for you, and the party lifestyle at the start just isn't my thing.

Least Favourites: Lore of the Wilds by Analeigh Sbrana. It started off strong, but the quality of the writing quickly went down hill, and it was ultimately a big hot mess. It's a shame as it had so much potential, but it just didn't deliver.

September's shaping up to be a good reading month, but I'm not sure if I'm going to beat August's tallies; I've been reading some big beasts, so I'll probably finish less books this month. I'm hoping to fit in lots of reading this week and boost my reading goal, but I guess we'll see how I go in a couple of weeks.

Wish me luck!

What was the best book you read in August?

You Might Also Like

What I Read in July 2024

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig